Matching Amp for KEF Q300

noblejose

Hello,
I've just bought a KEF Q300:yahoo: (used, 1year old) from a fellow music lover. He paired it with Audio Refinement 'Complete' stereo amp. It sounded awesome; especially the imaging, music instruments separation etc.

In my case, I need a DAC, as many of my collections are FLAC and also streaming audio. So, I've shortlisted Marantz PM6005 (which has an inbuit DAC). or should I go for a NAD/ CA? or any second hand good stereo amp + a separate DAC. My budget is around 40K.

I'm also planning to take my KEF to some dealers who has Marantz PM6005; and NAD, for audition. Any good hifi stereo dealers in Bangalore? ProFx don't have Marantz.

Please give your valuable suggestions/ inputs.

Thanks,
Noble

Marantz is a nice choice, you can try the NAD too, but CA is bright and I did find Q300 to be a little bright as well, so their pairing could be questionable.

I like the Q300 quite a lot, if you got them used then that is quite a score I would say. :)

Congrats on new purchase. Kef should pair well with Marantz.

First just test with Marantz for some days (Burn in , In case of New) and wait for the results.

In case you feel, something is missing or need more dept in music,Yes go ahead for DAC.

Just thought of giving an update to this thread!

I was away from the forum last few weeks, .. I was busy on listening to music!! :)

Cambridge Audio DACMAGIC PLUS is the recent addition to my stereo setup. Chord interconnect between DAC and Marantz PM6004, 12AWG bi-wiring to KEF Q300. That concludes my stereo for tremendous enjoyment!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back