MHDT USBridge

PbR

Hi all,

Some time ago, I had said the way I listened to music had changed from: CDP (CD6002)->Paradisea->Amp (old Marantz PM-57)->RS-6 to DVP (Oppo DV-980)->Paradisea->Amp->RS-6, and increasingly towards computer based playback music.
About six months ago I tested demo versions of Fidelia, Audirvana, PureMusic, Decibel etc, and I now listen using the free Audirvana player on my MacBook Pro via headphone.
Until recently I could not use the USB option as my early version Paradisea had no USB input.
Reading about the various USB SPDIF options, I chose to go with MHDT USBridge. That was about 3 months ago.
So now my config is Audirvana in integer mode on MacBook Pro-> USBridge->Paradisea->Amp->RS-6.
What about the music? Well, I can only say that there is more detail and separation, while retaining the non-fatiguing nature of the set-up for long hours of music!!

Cheers,
PbR

Hi all,

Some time ago, I had said the way I listened to music had changed from: CDP (CD6002)->Paradisea->Amp (old Marantz PM-57)->RS-6 to DVP (Oppo DV-980)->Paradisea->Amp->RS-6, and increasingly towards computer based playback music.
About six months ago I tested demo versions of Fidelia, Audirvana, PureMusic, Decibel etc, and I now listen using the free Audirvana player on my MacBook Pro via headphone.
Until recently I could not use the USB option as my early version Paradisea had no USB input.
Reading about the various USB SPDIF options, I chose to go with MHDT USBridge. That was about 3 months ago.
So now my config is Audirvana in integer mode on MacBook Pro-> USBridge->Paradisea->Amp->RS-6.
What about the music? Well, I can only say that there is more detail and separation, while retaining the non-fatiguing nature of the set-up for long hours of music!!

Cheers,
PbR

Looks like you progressed from CD6002 to Oppo as a transport? I too found the CD6002 to be an inferior transport to the Oppo BD-80 blue ray player. :)

PS: Why integer mode? I thought 64bit floating point is necessary for audiophile processing.

--G0bble

Actually on macs, integer mode is the way to go for async dacs and spdif converters. How much benefit this brings is something I'm unsure of. Maybe PbR can comment.

On windows, no software supports integer mode so its basically of no use.

Actually on macs, integer mode is the way to go for async dacs and spdif converters. How much benefit this brings is something I'm unsure of. Maybe PbR can comment.

On windows, no software supports integer mode so its basically of no use.

Yes, on Macs, integer mode is preferred, unfortunately the latest OS X Lion does not support it, but I have no problems living with Snow Leopard.

I did not test integter vs non-integer modes, just used the preference along with hog mode, and no upsampling. Almost all my music in ripped from CDs to AIFF, so I just play them at 16/44.
Recently downloaded HDtracks free sample of 24/96 tracks. Great sound, but not sure if it is the original recording or the 24/96 effect!
BTW, Audirvana displays bit/sample rate and Int mode.

Cheers
PbR

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back