Mi TV 43" S/PDIF Audio Output Cable - Clarity Required

mvasu22

Hello All,

I recently bought a MI LED TV 4A and the audio out for this TV is only via S/PDIF as the backside panel indicated. I have a Yamaha 656 receiver which can accept RCA, HDMI or Optical.

I would like to know what cables should I purchase to have the TV output audio connected to the 5.1 receiver. I tried reading the Mi Forum and others but can't seem to understand the threads.

Any help will be great.

Thanks
Vasu

Attachments

• MiTV-BackPanel.jpg
    MiTV-BackPanel.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Mi-TV-BackPanel2.jpg
    Mi-TV-BackPanel2.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 53
Does your recieved support HDMI Arc? If yes, connect the HDMI cable to HDMI 1 in your TV and reciever. Audio will be routed to AV reciever.

I recently bought a MI LED TV 4A and the audio out for this TV is only via S/PDIF as the backside panel indicated.

Most AVR should have at-least one (or) two co-axial (SPDIF) input.. If you AVR has, then you can connect your TV via co-axial cable.. other FM has already provided you with the link for the cable..

I have a Yamaha 656 receiver which can accept RCA, HDMI or Optical.

Did you mean Rx V 565 ?..

I have Mi Tv (55"), for me HDMI ARC works without any issue but SPDIF works with hit and miss many times.

From mi forums I observed there are so many issues with digital out for 43" and 32" TVs. Please make note of it.

Hello All,

I recently bought a MI LED TV 4A and the audio out for this TV is only via S/PDIF as the backside panel indicated. I have a Yamaha 656 receiver which can accept RCA, HDMI or Optical.

I would like to know what cables should I purchase to have the TV output audio connected to the 5.1 receiver. I tried reading the Mi Forum and others but can't seem to understand the threads.

Any help will be great.

Thanks
Vasu

Hate to tell you this but (i've used a MI TV 4 55 inch for 4 months) but all Mi TVs are unable to do multichannel output properly. Coaxial cable would work but you have to do the output in PCM and now RAW Format. Same goes for HDMI ARC. It would do well in PCM but in RAW there would be significant audio lag i.e. audio would be out of sync from the video. While coaxial has bandwidth limitations the HDMi ARC implementation is botched. I had one of the folks from Xiamo Product Team visit my place and I had an in-depth discussion about this. This issue is sofware bound and might be fixed in future. But for now I'd suggest you to do the output from HDMI ARC (PCM) and live with the stereo output form the TV.

Most AVR should have at-least one (or) two co-axial (SPDIF) input.. If you AVR has, then you can connect your TV via co-axial cable.. other FM has already provided you with the link for the cable..

Did you mean Rx V 565 ?..

Yes the same model

Yes the same model

Below image of rear panel of your AVR..

AV2 & AV3 are coaxial (SPDIF) inputs.. You can connect your TV's co-axial (SPDIF) out to the AVR's coaxial input..

Also, there is no mentioned of HDMI ARC on the AVR.. Am not very sure, but for HDMI ARC to work, both the TV & AVR need to support it.. Only then it would work.. So in your case, ARC may not work.. SPIDF is the only way to connect TV output & AVR..

Below image of rear panel of your AVR..

AV2 & AV3 are coaxial (SPDIF) inputs.. You can connect your TV's co-axial (SPDIF) out to the AVR's coaxial input..

Also, there is no mentioned of HDMI ARC on the AVR.. Am not very sure, but for HDMI ARC to work, both the TV & AVR need to support it.. Only then it would work.. So in your case, ARC may not work.. SPIDF is the only way to connect TV output & AVR..

Yes the Panel is the same. So sorry for asking a very basic question - What type of cable to do I buy now? A SPDIF (Male) to Co-axial or SPDIF (Male) to Optical (if I want to use AV1 or AV4).

Thanks for your answer in advance.

Yes the Panel is the same. So sorry for asking a very basic question - What type of cable to do I buy now? A SPDIF (Male) to Co-axial or SPDIF (Male) to Optical (if I want to use AV1 or AV4).

Thanks for your answer in advance.

Yes if you want to use AV1 or AV4 you will need a coaxial to optical converter. Are AV 2 and 3 already filled up by other input devices?

Found that Mi TV does give the function of HDMI-ARC and uses the HDMI-1 socket. So can use that also. Tested it and it works. Thanks a lot for all of them in trying to answer. I have anyways ordered a SpDIF Coaxial cable (found about HDMI-ARC only after buying it).

A special thanks to Daneil Naveen (I guess that's your name your ID Danielnaveen2003)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back