Missing songs on CD remasters of old Indian films

Shivam

I have been searching for some CD's of old Indian films and found that quite a few of the CD remasters have left out one or two of the songs that were there in the film and on LP's

One such example -
Leja leja leja mera dil (singer : sharda) from 'An evening in Paris'.
This song is there on LP but on the CD that I have seen (combination of this with Love in Tokyo), this song is missing.

Why are some songs being left out in the CD's ?

Two films need to be accommodated on one cd. Running time is about 70 mins. Hence a song or two gets left out occasionally. The Evening in Paris/Love in Tokyo is not a remaster. Its either a direct transfer from lp or from a spool tape.

Two films need to be accommodated on one cd. Running time is about 70 mins. Hence a song or two gets left out occasionally. The Evening in Paris/Love in Tokyo is not a remaster. Its either a direct transfer from lp or from a spool tape.

Prem, the run time on cd's is 80 mins. it would have to be some other reason.

Hi Malvai

Its only now that run time on cds have gone to 80 min. Till early 90s running time on cds normally never exceeded 70-72 min. The cd Shivam was talking about was mastered in 1989. There are many such cds mastered in that period which have a song or two left out.

This particular cd has runtime of 65 minutes and 26 seconds.

The video of the missing song available on youtube lasts about 4 and a half minute.

Last edited:
Then i see no reason why they should have missed out on that song. Could have been a human error. This particular cd has many other problems too like channel level problems and drop outs

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back