Mission 33i Vs Polk TSi 300 Vs MS Avant 906i

To give you an idea of how much of an 'audiophile' Iam, The other day I was not able to distinguish so much between norge 1000 and NAD 315BEE (with wharfdale floorstanders) which in audiophile terms are miles apart. Infact I found the norge more impressive. .

hmmm..
having heard both amps
lets say im not surprised

As for not being able to percieve the difference and all that, I would not worry about it. Once you are exposed on a constant basis to better sound quality, you will start to discern the difference and yearn for something better. :)

Precisely what Iam afraid of!! ;) I really want to keep music as entertainment and not get addicted much. :)
Sony has been allowing me to do this for years but Iam not sure now.. :D Few auditions to real hifi and already Iam seeing signs of addiction.. :p

Norge concert gold 1000, right? 10k?

Yes! Right. You can audition them at vector systems, Banjara hills.

Hi i think we were talking about good speakers. Now we are talking about :mad:Norge -- oh god, manufactured by shyam bajaj in mumbai. I have not seen any reviews in any international magazines.

I thought our friends are looking at some (HiFi products), integrated stereo amps, where we enjoy good quality of sound and musically excellent gear.

Lets give some great solutions.

hifi :clapping:

Hi i think we were talking about good speakers. Now we are talking about :mad:Norge -- oh god, manufactured by shyam bajaj in mumbai. I have not seen any reviews in any international magazines.

I thought our friends are looking at some (HiFi products), integrated stereo amps, where we enjoy good quality of sound and musically excellent gear.

Lets give some great solutions.

hifi :clapping:

hifigk, I take it you have auditioned the norge 1000 and found it lacking? Could you please elaborate?

Hi

Can i know whats so great about this product. This is a very lowend product without any quality reproduction. Just to inform you, output of 125W x 2 at ___ ohms ? I am only comparing with the HiFi, not with any local brands which gives audio output.

Lets talk about some good International Brands.:yahoo:

hifi

Hi i think we were talking about good speakers. Now we are talking about Norge -- oh god, manufactured by shyam bajaj in mumbai. I have not seen any reviews in any international magazines.

Can i know whats so great about this product. This is a very lowend product without any quality reproduction. Just to inform you, output of 125W x 2 at ___ ohms ? I am only comparing with the HiFi, not with any local brands which gives audio output.

You don't seem to know enough about Norge. Their products have been reviewed in AV Max continuously and they have been winning awards. Shyam Bajaj makes some excellent amplifiers and speakers for the prices range, and I am sure these can compete with any international brand at their price point.

To answer your question, the Norge 1000 outputs 125 watts per channel into 8 ohms. It has a frequency range of 10Hz to 80KHz and a THD of less than <0.04%. These specs are very good, and many members who use the product have vouched that the Norge amplifiers sound very good.

They may not be reviewed in International press simply because Shyam may not be seeking any such review. But that does not mean the product is bad. Many of our members here are using Norge products and are very happy with the output.

Not all international brands are good, and there are some really good Indian brands.

You will be surprised to know two things

(1) Audiocraft of Chennai became popular first amongst Europeans who used to get amplifiers assembled by Mark's father. He had his hands full just fulfilling their demand.

(2) RD Burman, Mohd. Rafi, and Kishore Kumar have used Norge equipment for years. And believe me, these people have more sense of music and better ears than we can ever dream of.

Keep an open mind and do not berate all Indian products as junk. They are not.

Cheers

Hai Venkat,

Well said, I would like to quote,

"Do not Judge things by their exterior, for feathers fly high and pearls lie low in the sea"

Thanks,

N Murali.

Hi

hifi

International or 'foreign' does not mean better, hifigk! I hope you open your mind and do take an audition of the 'desi' products too.

hi blasto, did you try any dealers in hyderabad? I am looking for some speakers and wanted your feedback on any places in hyd that you have checked out.

For People @ Hyderabad,

Guys I have bit the bullet and am planning to go out for the audition of Audiocraft chennai for the next weekend. (4th or 5th)

If everything goes fine, Will purchase the flagship one and you can audition it at my home.. :)

The whole process can take close to a month though.. :indifferent14: I can write a review (newbie type) as soon as I return..

BTW, A member 'muthusami' who owns a pair of them seem to have auditioned MS906s from a friend and found the bass much lower. He has a set of 12" craftel floorstanders which costs just 7000/-

I enquired to Mr mark of audiocraft and he says that the flagships sound far better than the above ones and they are really the best ones he has designed. He mentions that his flagship speakers come with a super tweeter which is capable of producing upto 45 kHz.

He asks me to audition "whatever brands I can" before coming to his audition and that he is confident I will surely pick one of his products after the audition. They way he talks and the experience he seem to have tells me something about the quality. He sure does not seem to be a boom box producer.

Anybody who wants to join is welcome. :)

Hi blasto,

just pm me or call me in this mobile.no.+919941918910 when you reach the city. its a pleasure to be with a forum member for a good audition. hope a call from you, if you are not yet still visited the Audiocraft for an audition.

thanks for your invitation Blasto.

hi blasto, did you try any dealers in hyderabad? I am looking for some speakers and wanted your feedback on any places in hyd that you have checked out.

Checkout the below thread.. I myself got the info from there..

http://www.hifivision.com/dealer-feedback-review/2926-av-dealers-hyderabad.html

Few pointers..

1) Dont go to 'sound and vision' without appointment.

2) vector systems have a good collection.. but they are high end.. No use auditioning there if your overall budget is < 40k. I auditioned norge 1000 amps there and Iam satisfied. (they dint have norge speakers, used flr standers from wharf)

3) Check out profx fusion 5 speaker system. (Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions) They have an offer with denon AVR + fusion 5 system for around 38k.. The specs look good but I havent auditioned them myself.. No Idea of the quality of this product though the other items they have are real hi-fi (look @ the site).

Show room:
S103, First floor, Babukhan Mall,
Somajiguda circle,
Hyderabad -500016
Tel: + 91 40 39122036
Mobi: + 91 9396556197
E-mail: [email protected]

4) Croma/Ezone etc give you fair amount of demo but there will be people waiting outside the demo room to get inside.. Not so good.. Go during weekdays or off-peak hours.. Good for side by side viewing of TVs, not the audio systems.

As for Craftel audition, Going only next month.. My cousin is getting married in chennai next month and Iam planning to couple the audition with that.

You guys need to wait.. :D

2) vector systems have a good collection.. but they are high end.. No use auditioning there if your overall budget is < 40k. I auditioned norge 1000 amps there and Iam satisfied. (they dint have norge speakers, used flr standers from wharf)

Wrong - Vector deals with the most affordable VFM speakers in the market - the Wharfedales. If your budget is low, you absolutely must audition the Wharfedales!!

Regards

Wrong - Vector deals with the most affordable VFM speakers in the market - the Wharfedales. If your budget is low, you absolutely must audition the Wharfedales!!

Regards

Sorry, If I have made an incorrect/incomplete statement, but I was referring to a 2.0 setup involving an amp + floor standers.

They cost on the north side of 40k in the vector. (norge+wharf flr standers). There are none less than that when I auditioned.

Hi,

Even I'm looking for a budget floorstander. Will audition mission m33i this Saturday.
Has anyone heard Jamo E350 ? ( It's a discontinued product from Jamo,can get it for 14K ).Specs are good :
2 Way Bassreflex. Woofer (inch/mm): 2 x 6 / 165. Midrange (inch/mm). Tweeter (inch/mm): 1 / 25 Dome. Power, long/short term (Watt): 100/140. Sensitivity (dB - 2,8V / 1m): 92. Frequency range (Hz): 55-20000. Impedance (Ohm)

hi blasto
Did you audition the craftel flagship spks.where is your review regarding craftel speakers.i am eagerly waiting for your response.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back