MONITOR Audio Apex

Venky1984

Hey Experts,

Finally after doing a lot of research I have zeroed down on Monitor audio Apex 40 as LCR. My LIVING ROOM size is 14 feet width and 11 feet length. Viewing distance would be 10 feet. On one side sliding glass doors opening to balcony. Other side is open to dinning area. Denon 2700 would be powering these speakers in 5.1.2 configuration.

Any opinion on Monitor Audio Apex 40? If any member has it in Bangalore and let me have a listen that would be great.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey Experts,

Finally after doing a lot of research I have zeroed down on Monitor audio Apex 40 as LCR. My LIVING ROOM size is 14 feet width and 11 feet length. Viewing distance would be 10 feet. On one side sliding glass doors opening to balcony. Other side is open to dinning area. Denon 2700 would be powering these speakers in 5.1.2 configuration.

Any opinion on Monitor Audio Apex 40? If any member has it in Bangalore and let me have a listen that would be great.

Thanks.
Also need suggestions on subwoofer. Initially was planning to go with PB 1000 but it's rather bulky for my liking. Hence looking at smaller footprint below are the ones I have shortlisted

* SvS sb 1000 pro (demo available in blr)
* Rethmik L12
* REL ht1003 or 1203
* XTZ spirit sub 12
* XTZ 10.17
* KEF kube 10B or 12 B

Majority are not available for demo hence unable to decide any recommendations? I don't like thumpy base but would when listening to music i should enjoy it. Though it's very subjective would appreciate owners of above subs especially Rethmik to provide feedback and possibly invite me to their home!!

Recently I upgraded from Q acoustics 3050i to Monitor Audio Silver 500 7G. Don’t have much idea about apex 40. I have 2 subs SVS PB1000 pro and REL T/7x. I would suggest to pair with either rel t/5x or rel t/7x. The advantage of rel is you can connect both a low n high level inputs, you would be future proof if you decide to have a dedicated two channel setup :)

Recently I upgraded from Q acoustics 3050i to Monitor Audio Silver 500 7G. Don’t have much idea about apex 40. I have 2 subs SVS PB1000 pro and REL T/7x. I would suggest to pair with either rel t/5x or rel t/7x. The advantage of rel is you can connect both a low n high level inputs, you would be future proof if you decide to have a dedicated two channel setup :)
How does rel sound compared to svs...have a svs sb3000. Always contemplating for rel...

Hoping to buy a second sub from rel...

And what is it about future proofing with high levels...whats going??

How does rel sound compared to svs...have a svs sb3000. Always contemplating for rel...

Hoping to buy a second sub from rel...

And what is it about future proofing with high levels...whats going??
Have owned both SVS (PB 2000) and REL (Predator 2). I would say REL is miles ahead in attack/ tactile response especially for HT use.

Have owned both SVS (PB 2000) and REL (Predator 2). I would say REL is miles ahead in attack/ tactile response especially for HT use.
What is attack? And tactile response?

Sorry Just been enjoyong Music the way i like and these things sound like jargons...i like deep low base which feels (thump in the heart or a shake) more than we hear...and ofc the smoothness...

Had thiel ss1 and ss2 before...they were very smooth and really miss them(lost them when rain water logged into the room)

Sorry Just been enjoyong Music the way i like and these things sound like jargons...i like deep low base which feels (thump in the heart or a shake) more than we hear...and ofc the smoothness...

Had thiel ss1 and ss2 before...they were very smooth and really miss them(lost them when rain water logged into the room)

Tactile response aka mid bass response is that when you feel a pronounced impact of, say, a gun shot or an explosion in a movie. It is more of a preference. Some people prefer extension over such mid bass response. Some, both. If you can audition subwoofers before you decide, nothing like that. REL Predator leans more towards mid bass response while the SVS PB 2000 towards extension.

The you should seriously consider the REL Predator.
Thanks...i love gunshot...but not the ones pronouncing around 100hz...more like an explosion below 40hz...
Have an eye on this rel 15xx
Any thoughts?
Bought svs sb3000 ...love the extension...
Want something that can do this louder and smoother...

Hey Experts,

Thanks.
Dont know about apex...but generally monitor audio is very smooth (demoed gold bronze and few others) ...settled with silver and pioneer lx57...recently upgraded to denon x4800 and denon doesnt seem to appreciate the smoothness of silver monitor audio in my opinion...better to demo the combo as sound is very subjective to personal choice

Dont know about apex...but generally monitor audio is very smooth (demoed gold bronze and few others) ...settled with silver and pioneer lx57...recently upgraded to denon x4800 and denon doesnt seem to appreciate the smoothness of silver monitor audio in my opinion...better to demo the combo as sound is very subjective to personal choice
Thanks for ur response. My buying decision changed as i was not able to demo APEX in India nor in the USA. Even I have settled onto silver series center debating between silver 50 or silver 200 plus rel HT 1003 subwoofer.

I am more into casual tv watching and less music.

Even I am looking at silver series now. Debating between silver 50 or silver 200. I am inclined towards rel HT 1003

Thanks for ur response. My buying decision changed as i was not able to demo APEX in India nor in the USA. Even I have settled onto silver series center debating between silver 50 or silver 200 plus rel HT 1003 subwoofer.

I am more into casual tv watching and less music.
Love rel...in my bucket list 1503

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back