Most Dolby Atmos encoded songs on Apple Music sound terrible

MIS100

I am using Apple TV 4K Gen3 to listen to Apple Music on my AVR. Though the output is not HiRes, but it sounds very nice. But many albums that are encoded in Dolby Atmos sound like shit. And sadly you’re forced to listen to these that way. For example, Neil Young’s iconic, Harvest. The snare drum, which is so hard hitting in the stereo version, just vanishes in the background. Very frustrating, indeed. Is there anyway that we cut the Atmos crap and listen to the albums normally on Apple Music ?

I am using Apple TV 4K Gen3 to listen to Apple Music on my AVR. Though the output is not HiRes, but it sounds very nice. But many albums that are encoded in Dolby Atmos sound like shit. And sadly you’re forced to listen to these that way. For example, Neil Young’s iconic, Harvest. The snare drum, which is so hard hitting in the stereo version, just vanishes in the background. Very frustrating, indeed. Is there anyway that we cut the Atmos crap and listen to the albums normally on Apple Music ?
I think you can change the settings for Audio in the ATV "settings" app to make Atmos as disabled. But that will turn off Atmos for movie content too.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back