MS carnival 6

kaushik

MS Carival 6 :

There was an requirement for listening to video and basic quality songs via set of speakers that does
wonders in the low range , smooth highs and average mid.

I was reading about MS carnival series and decided to procure these as was offered at a good rate.

I have got what i expected ...
here are some of the details of the listening experiance .

Some filmy songs :
Chalte Chalte , 3 idiots( saaari umra hum ) , rang-de-basanti (loose control)
All were 320k mp3 or FLAC , sounded nice and lively .

Silk route Humsafar :
Here the overall sound i liked it , with good signature of the guitar and synth used .

common one : Hotel California
The song demands more texture and livelyness and blasing fast response
The speakers are average in this . I cant agree that they are doing good at the percussion sounds .
If we see from newbie point of view they will enjoy the bass and highs

Ragpicker's Dream [ Mark Knopfler's third solo album ]

Turn off , vocals need rather expensive speakers paper coned or bamboo pulp ones .
may be the Dac>tripath chain need an Valve Pre .

Videos of Bryan Adams Unplugged and Sheryl Crow :
wonderful deep bass end and smothened upper end.

Overall : Perfect for the concerts and video usage with 40% music usage .
may be the set up was basic DAC>tripath , with CDP they will shine . Good for the deal.

Glad that somebody posted the review.

Talking about the vocals, how would you describe them (I realized that they didn't impress you much. Pretty much the problem I am having with my Polk Audio TSi300s. Great for movies, lacking for music).

If the Carnival 6 is responding in such a manner I guess Carnival 8 will be a very safe bet. Wonder where I can audition Carnival 8.

Pure music minded people should look for horn loaded Fullranges , or well balanced ported designs . The vocals need texture and resolution which is missing . The towers blanket
the fine details in voice like sounds .we want to get shocked by blinks in strings , sudden percussion sounds .. in fusion music /folk that it will not do.

But music that has more sythetic bass / electric guitars / Bryan adam alike soft rock will do very well .. but 90% marks for looks .
carnivalscloseup.jpg

may be diy inclusion of mid range or filtered active midrange may fill the gap ..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back