Multi Tray CD Players

S.P.KRISHNA

Are single tray CD players better than Multi Tray players and is there any loss in quality of sound in multi tray than single tray ?

Thanks

Multi Tray Players mostly found in Sony/Aiwa type music systems.... to be avoided like the plague....they keep breaking down, tray opens & closes at will/refuses to read discs.....

Did not find any difference in SQ.....

Yes, I know that such multi disc players are made also by marantz/yamaha..... but never heard them....

Its more to do with ease of loading multiple discs, nothing else....

The reason for my thread was that I was shown a DENON DCM-280 5-disc carousel changer at a high end imported audio / video showroom . The same guy advised me not to opt for these type of multi disc palyers as there is definite loss of SQ in comparison with single tray ones. This guy is a sales manager at the showroom . In fact he suggested to me various other brands of single tray players just for this reason. I was forced to beleive as he has no vested interest in misguiding me and also he has enough knowledge high end products and he was in this field for many years. Hence I thought that learned members of the forum will clarify this.

Regards

So what is being implied is rock solid mechanical stability of multi-tray devices is a problem over a plain CDP and it will affect tracking and SQ?

Hmm points to consider .

Regards

Very good, easy to use, the best part is that it can play all file formats. As soon as i downloaded this I made it my default player for all file formats, because it can play them all.

Dedicated Quality Drives are always single.........if you buy any cheap Sony- Aiwa- Akai Midi System then you gift yourself with a cheap multi tray player.......
Sound Quality has nothing to do with tray type since the tray is suspended during playback......:cool:)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back