Murthy's Cables ( tools & trades ) bangalore

Since i saw this thread dedicated to Mr.Murthy, I thought i would share this picture here for all members who would like to see the man behind the immense knowledge and experience behind cables. Last weekend Mr.Murthy visited my Store. The soft spoken, genial gentleman is a legend in his own right and his down to earth nature and humbleness is something i really admire.
A real pleasure having him over, spend time at the store chatting up and get a warm pat on my back after listening to some Dire Straits together before leaving. :)

230338674_4133728520044052_6654315213471640443_n.jpg

I would like to share my experience ( happy ) with Mr.Murthy , who helped me in choosing the right cable which is also cost effective .

After upgrading my speakers and amplifier , I found the sound is thin and harsh compared to the previous setup and was really un-happy with it . I never was a believer of the cables that it could bring in significant improvement and was using the Rs 200 interconnect and ProFx cables for the speakers. I was blaming it on the source ( which was a cheap DAC ) and wanted to test with the good CD player and tried it with Exposure CD and again it was a dis-appointment with the somewhat harsh and strong upper-mid sound which was not musical

Later at home , a friend loaned me a Linn K20 Speaker cable and a better interconnect ( un-brand) , to my surprise it was much better , smooth ( mellow ) and more listenable . That was the first instance when i started to believe in Speaker cables .

Then decided to buy the speaker cable from the Dealer in Bangalore and the price quoted was 10 times more compared to UK price for the Linn K20 ( Rs 4000 for a mtr ) which is actually 5 pounds in UK and much cheaper options with the used cable in ebay.uk including the shipping . So was looking at ebay.uk and that was the time i got the number of Mr.Murthy from another Audiophile friend .

I talked to Mr.Murthy and shared my setup details and he said he will send the cables and interconnect to my address and asked me to try before i buy it . He did not even ask for any advance security payment . In the next week , i got the cable/and interconnect which is of good build quality , but to my dis-appointment it did not sound as good as the LinnK20 . then from the internet forums , the kind of amp ( naim and exposure ) that i have should have comparatively higher inductance that the normal and that is why Linn and Nac cables are recommended for Naim and Exposure Amp . I discussed this with Mr.Murthy and he said he will make one more cable and send it to me ( according to these spec ) .

Finally i got the new cable and when tested against the Linn , i found it even better and more musical . I am happy with this cable and the overall interaction Mr.Murthy and strongly recommend him for any speaker cables / interconnect . In my case i Compared it with the branded cable and could see the improvement over it and also cost effective compared to the Indian price of branded cables . I still don't understand why the Indian price is 10 times expensive , please don't fall for the trap of branded cable unless you get it for reasonable price .

Mr . Murthy cable look and build and sound quality is better compared to branded Linn . As i type , i am yet to transfer the money to him ( ~Rs 3000 for cables ) , during all of these experiment Murthy sent several times different cables purely based on trust with no pressure on buying , and to add on to that i never met him in person before , this really a hard to find quality in these days .

Update : As some of the forum members asked , shared the mobile number here

Mr Murhty Mobile : 9972268301

one important lesson learnt : Expensive cables need not necessarily be good sounding one . As part of the experiment , once I paired my speaker with the Ribbon type speaker cable (dont remember the brand , but expensive one in SoundOfMusic , Bangalore ) with my Amplifier and found half for the frequency reproduction was gone . But the same cable sounded good with Vienna Speakers and electroComp Monoblocks . So I think, the matching is more important.

Dear Vijwilso,
Thank you for sharing Mr Murthy's contact, will get in touch with him, as I am looking for a speaker and interconnect cable for my system.

Hello friends,

Decided to go for a Digital Coaxial audio cable from Mr.Murthy for my Cambridge audio CXC cd transport . I am currently using profi gold digital coaxial cable. Contacted him and he agreed to send me one. Looking forward for the cable.

Good morning friends.
Mr.Murthy's Digital Cable arrived 3 days back. A very nice ,simple and gentleman. With the digital coaxial cable he has sent me, the sound is more open, balanced and more detailed than before. The musicality improved a lot. He advised me to check his power cables also. Currently Iam using Audioquest power chord for my creek 100A amp. Thank You for introducing such a knowledgeable man..

How much wud a pair of rca stereo interconnects (1 meter) from Mr Murthy cost? im looking for a pair for dac to amp connections.

His contact details are in this thread. Call him up and get it. The costs would depend also on the connectors you prefer. He would share the options available.

I have read many good reviews about Mr Murthy. I have never bought anything from him nor I have anything against him.

But none of the users of his products has specified the cables and connectors used by him.

Asking just out of curiosity. Because it seems he is an assembler and the components used by an assembler matters most!

Hi, Mr. Moorthy makes sturdy cables with good quality workmanship. All feedback is subjective from his customers. He does not have means to measure performance but uses his knowledge and long experience to assemble the cables. He will tell you the brand of the cable and terminations he uses if you ask. Rest is up to us I think.

I have read many good reviews about Mr Murthy. I have never bought anything from him nor I have anything against him.

But none of the users of his products has specified the cables and connectors used by him.

Asking just out of curiosity. Because it seems he is an assembler and the components used by an assembler matters most!
You are right in some ways, but he makes it up by allowing you to try the product and return it if you didn't like it. The last time I ordered, he even dunzoed me the product without me having paid for it, asked me to try it for 15 days and return if I don't like it.

His cables are like tone controls.. Most cables are in a way to some extent but his cables cater to the extremes rather than subtle differences. You can fix whole system deficiencies with these cables though not the recommended way.

With experience he will be able to tell you this cable does bass well, this cable is bright and this cable brings out vocals well etc.. The cables typically fit low to mid end systems well and have very low noise as a standard. Also all cables dont fit all systems, so he let's you keep the cables for a couple week and decide. None of the cable manufacturers making cables costing 10s of thousands of rupees even do that. In my case I had to pester him to send bank details for transfer, so definitely not money minded.

Eventually you will grow past these cables but they will leave a pleasant memory for what they are and of their creator.

If not anything, they will introduce you to the differences cables can make if you think metal conductor is metal conductor as I once believed and in the process leave you with more questions than answers.

His cables are like tone controls.. Most cables are in a way to some extent but his cables cater to the extremes rather than subtle differences. You can fix whole system deficiencies with these cables though not the recommended way.

With experience he will be able to tell you this cable does bass well, this cable is bright and this cable brings out vocals well etc.. The cables typically fit low to mid end systems well and have very low noise as a standard. Also all cables dont fit all systems, so he let's you keep the cables for a couple week and decide. None of the cable manufacturers making cables costing 10s of thousands of rupees even do that. In my case I had to pester him to send bank details for transfer, so definitely not money minded.

Eventually you will grow past these cables but they will leave a pleasant memory for what they are and of their creator.

If not anything, they will introduce you to the differences cables can make if you think metal conductor is metal conductor as I once believed and in the process leave you with more questions than answers.

Beautifully elucidated.

Since i saw this thread dedicated to Mr.Murthy, I thought i would share this picture here for all members who would like to see the man behind the immense knowledge and experience behind cables. Last weekend Mr.Murthy visited my Store. The soft spoken, genial gentleman is a legend in his own right and his down to earth nature and humbleness is something i really admire.
A real pleasure having him over, spend time at the store chatting up and get a warm pat on my back after listening to some Dire Straits together before leaving. :)

View attachment 60546
I first met Mr Murthy 20 years ago. During those days, he was running a pair of the best vintage KEF speakers ever made and they were perched precariously on very carefully crafted multiple marble stones just like the " Art of stone balancing ". Their positions were dialed in to the millimeter to engage and work well with the room. Running them was a Forte power amp. All components isolated on metal cones. In one of the best treated rooms I have ever known. The sound was breathtakingly good. Very rarely I have heard texture in bass like that. Pitch perfect music emerges from pitch black background. All the listening R&D for his cables were done in that room. He knows what he is doing, folks.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back