Music that helps in brain development of kids, and more important, our own!

Nice one! i'm already clapping!
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Please get a few clay modelling pieces at home. Believe me manipulating clay with fingers opens new neural connections within. If you are in touch with your inner self, you will literally feel it ...

Listening to long complex "deep and pensive" passages of piano also does the same to me :)

I acquire a flowering feeling when I do - like tiny flower buds opening up early before dawn .... although without form or a sense of touch, thats the feeling this brings within my head

Cheers

Well, well... I learnt a new word from that article! I suffer from dyscalculia.

More to the point: I have always felt that music is good for development. I have always thought that it is far better than sport for developing team spirit and discipline in a co-operative rather than competitive way.

I can understand the dyscalculia thing too: seriously, I have always had a basic difficulty with numbers, even with counting. Even though I never took any instrumental class in my life until the age of 40, I found it helped a great deal with my elementary numeracy.

As to what sort of music is best? It is hard to remove oneself from prejudice in answering this. I well remember the "But it isn't music" reaction of my parents to the pop music of the sixties, but now, decades later, Lennon and Mccartney, among others, have been recognised as serious composers.

I'd say that that music which has some complexity of texture, melody and rhythm and which presents us with ever-changing sounds is the most beneficial, and that which consists of mere repetition, especially repeated thumps, is the least. You can, no doubt, detect my prejudice there!

Gobble, I hesitate to say that I know how you feel --- but you have put into words a sensation that might be like what music sometimes does to me, and you have said it very beautifully.

There is another "analogy" or sensation that sometimes occurs to me, and that is the feeling of being able to somehow breathe the music. I attend live concerts very regularly. I'd say that well over 90% of them are enhancing, but very, very few reach such great heights.

For kids - I would honestly say that they need to listen to a lot of music in their own mother tongue to start off with. That helps at a lot of different levels in my opinion.

For kids - I would honestly say that they need to listen to a lot of music in their own mother tongue to start off with. That helps at a lot of different levels in my opinion.

Yes. No need for complex music either, just lullabies and folk tales in lilting voice and simple melodies they can remember and follow is more important than everything else ...

Regards

More to the point: I have always felt that music is good for development. I have always thought that it is far better than sport for developing team spirit and discipline in a co-operative rather than competitive way.

...except that in sports, fight for creative control is not a serious bottleneck to performance. In fact, there isn't much in the name of creative control.

But of course, when it comes to music...things can get ugly. Music has scope for a lot of troubles among group members. Co-operation can become a compromise in no time. Competition becomes a way to embarrass others rather than improving oneself. Just like, at times as witnessed in sports.

...except that in sports, fight for creative control is not a serious bottleneck to performance. In fact, there isn't much in the name of creative control.

But of course, when it comes to music...things can get ugly. Music has scope for a lot of troubles among group members. Co-operation can become a compromise in no time. Competition becomes a way to embarrass others rather than improving oneself. Just like, at times as witnessed in sports.

All that is good for brain development ... :)

the mind learns to scheme ... to plot ... to plan the downfall of the enemy .... the next move ... :D

Cheers :cool::rolleyes:

...lol...not exactly the kind of brain development one would wish for...unless one is auditioning for reality TV that is. ;)

Yes, guys... you are right.

I was thinking, for a moment, that it was a perfect world. I don't often make that mistake! :D

Hey... I always wanted to do music ...and hated sport!

With music in life I forget everything, time, sleep, food.... Now I'm so tried and sleepy at work because the whole day I was listening to Dark Side of the Moon Vinyl rip, now yawnnnn

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back