My Adventures to buy a 42" Plasma TV in Thrissur (Kerala)

Finally guys I bought my Panny P42c10D . :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
It costed me Rs 32940 , n yes it has 3 years warranty . I Just brought it myself .

But i cant open it and use it since i have to get it Wall mounted :sad:

Thank u guys at HIFIVISION . U guys rock . I was able to make such an informed choice . I would post my experience from now on.

Thanks a ton guys:clapping:

hey gr8 thread guys!!:clapping:

got good knowledge goin thru it.

Ani can u pls post your experience with the panny c 10.

And panny x-10 is around 38K.

would you guys recommend spending extra 5k for X-10 features?

Thnks and appreciate it

Last edited:
Hi,

I just bought an LG 42PJ560 plasma tv here in chennai alwarpet ezone.

43800rs
they gave a wall mount for free.

It was ready stock.

It's 25kg . I am taking it to Kerala on train after a couple of weeks.

Regards
Nikhil

hi nikhil

congrats on ur purchase. hope that you will post a detailed review of this model. i'm also a prospective buyer of this model....

Update on my LG 42" Plasma

LG shoppe guy called me and told that the world cup offers and prices have just been fixed. it will take 3 to 4 days to get the new prices... i said i'm ready to wait... (i've no other option)

its long wait... isn't it?

i'm also planning to take Dish Tru HD (if available by that time) to extend my world cup experience...

Hi ,
This is my first post in the forum. I have been doing a lot of reading on hifivision and other online sources for the last couple of weeks in search of the ideal TV for my requirements. Finally picked up my LG 50PQ60 yesterday from Bismi home appliances Kaloor, Kochi.
According to the search that I did Bismi was the only place where I could compare the G10 side by side with the PQ60. Was inclined totally towards G10 42 till the very end, but settled on PQ60 due to the following reasons
1. At 56K, I think this is the best 50 that I could get at Kochi. The 42 G10 was quoted at 67K.
2. With my viewing distance being approx 15 feet, I thought screen size is more relevant than the SD vs. HD aspect.
3. Most of my viewing is going to be from Sun Direct and DVDs. No HD content as of now.
4. Wanted to ensure that I bring the TV home before the world cup starts ?

Have been using the TV for the last two days, and I would say Iam satisfied 200%. This is my first big TV, my old one being a 10year old 21 CRT. I do see some small IR as folks have already mentioned in the forums, but till now it has been negligible. Have currently set all the controls to below 50 mark. My biggest worry before I bagged the TV was on how SD would look on it, but it turns out to be too good. Watched the official 2006 world cup movie on Sony PIX yesterday night and it was amazing.
Thanks to all you folks who helped me understand the everything from LCD vs. LED vs. Plasma, SD vs. HD, IR, Burn in and all other stuff which I never knew before I started reading the forum.
NOTE: For anyone who want to have a look at the G10, please dont go to the Panasonic brand store at Kochi. That shop is deserted and do not have anything but the PV8 in display. Bismi is the only place where you will get to see the G10, while C10 is available at a couple of places including Nandilath and QRS.
Thanks again,
Anees

My biggest worry before I bagged the TV was on how SD would look on it, but it turns out to be too good. Watched the official 2006 world cup movie on Sony PIX yesterday night and it was amazing.

Hi Anees

what abt viewing sports channels and discovery/NGC. Also pls share ur experiences abt watching Malayalam channels

Hey Anees

Congrats on the purchase of your new 50 inch PQ60! Are you sure it is the 50PQ60 model? Or is it the 50PQ70? As far as I know the 42&50PQ30, 42PQ60 and 42/50PQ70 were the PQ series models sold in India. I have the 42PQ70 here in Chennai. Actually if you have spent 6k or so more, you could have got the latest full HD model, 50PK550.

Anyway enjoy your tv. It's a nice one. If you're 200% satisfied with SD content, I really wonder what you'd say if you played HD content on it. See if you can pick up a WDTV HD media player and play some blu ray rips through this. They would look amazing on your large 50 inch screen!

Congrats once again on the tv!:)

---Venkat

anees, congrats!
So in your opinion who gives the best prices?
Tried pana c10:
Bismi- 45k
Nandilath- 55k(what the?)
QRS- 41.5k

Good to know g10 is in stock in Bismi, will check it out. How much is pv8 retailing at Pana brand store? Where is it btw?

Hi Anees

what abt viewing sports channels and discovery/NGC. Also pls share ur experiences abt watching Malayalam channels

Animal Planet and National Geo looks great, Dont have discovery in my subscription. Just have ESPN and Star sports, and they both look great...I hope I will have a great time watching the world cup. Among malayalam, i found Surya, WE and Amrita to be better compared to others. Please also note that this is my first large screen experience, and I'am still getting myself tuned to it..will post my experiences a bit later..

Hey Anees

Congrats on the purchase of your new 50 inch PQ60! Are you sure it is the 50PQ60 model? Or is it the 50PQ70? As far as I know the 42&50PQ30, 42PQ60 and 42/50PQ70 were the PQ series models sold in India. I have the 42PQ70 here in Chennai. Actually if you have spent 6k or so more, you could have got the latest full HD model, 50PK550.

Anyway enjoy your tv. It's a nice one. If you're 200% satisfied with SD content, I really wonder what you'd say if you played HD content on it. See if you can pick up a WDTV HD media player and play some blu ray rips through this. They would look amazing on your large 50 inch screen!

Congrats once again on the tv!:)

---Venkat
Thanks Venkat :). Yeah, 50PQ60R is the model..surprisingly I can't see the model on LG India website today..it was there till couple of days back ;)..Got a call from LG saying that the demo technician will be coming in tomorrow. I zeroed in on an HD Ready model mainly because my normal viewing distance is around 15ft and 90% of my normal viewing content is SD. Am yet to try the HD rips, but for sure will give it a shot once my HDMI cables arrive...

anees, congrats!
So in your opinion who gives the best prices?
Tried pana c10:
Bismi- 45k
Nandilath- 55k(what the?)
QRS- 41.5k

Good to know g10 is in stock in Bismi, will check it out. How much is pv8 retailing at Pana brand store? Where is it btw?
Thanks. In my experience Bismi was the best..You can ask for one Mr Rinas, he should be able to provide you with the best discounts...I am not sure about the PV8 prices, but they quoted 66.9 for the G10 42". It's on bypass road, near palarivttom signal on the ground floor of White planet. The sales person at Bismi told me that the Brand shop tag is now own by Bismi and they are in the process of setting up an independent floor for that ...not sure how true that is :)

Cheers,
Anees

Animal Planet and National Geo looks great, Dont have discovery in my subscription. Just have ESPN and Star sports, and they both look great...I hope I will have a great time watching the world cup. Among malayalam, i found Surya, WE and Amrita to be better compared to others. Please also note that this is my first large screen experience, and I'am still getting myself tuned to it..will post my experiences a bit later..

thank you for sharing....

I'm still to get any glimpse of 42PJ560. LG shoppe people called me on Monday. They are yet to receive the stock. they have received the price list and quoted Rs.44000 (without any bargain and exchange). i've asked for a demo of this model and they told that they will call me as soon as they get stock.

waiting.... waiting.... and still waiting........

I'm still to get any glimpse of 42PJ560. LG shoppe people called me on Monday. They are yet to receive the stock. they have received the price list and quoted Rs.44000 (without any bargain and exchange). i've asked for a demo of this model and they told that they will call me as soon as they get stock.

waiting.... waiting.... and still waiting........

Were you able to get the 42PJ560 ?

Hi anoop bhai,

As per details given by you, i paid a visit to the lg shoppe and met mr.vijayan. He keeps high regard for you and were very keen in explaining things. Price i got are as following.

LG 42 PJ350 -- 39500
LG 42 PJ650 -- 41000

All models are available with emi (3% extra as processing fee) and Airtel HD DTH free ( price won't change if i am not taking it, hence decided to take and pay 800 to watch some NAT HD for 3 months). Will be buying it tomorrow.

BTW do i really need a Stabilized or AVR..?

Were you able to get the 42PJ560 ?

Hi prince,

why don't you take a look at LG showroom. Before buying, just visit white planet and the shop between pipe line jn and white planet showroom (don't remember the name). These offers best prices (though its a story before 1 year). Carry the quote you get from one shop and ask the others to give their best price. I had done this to get 2k drop for sony last year (than the MOP), when i was in erkm. White planet offered the price. I don't have much options in thrissur though:sad:. If you are lucky enough may get up to 2k price drop than others.

cheers..

I had a bad exp with dealers here in Trivandrum, the Nandilath guy was kind enough to give me demos on plasma and infact he was aware of the fact that plasma was a better bet if majority viewing was digital cable.

Well I have my plasma home now, but still not getting the ideal settings for cable viewing, the pictures are a bit on the darker side. Any one mind helping me out wth the settings? I own the P42U30D

hello and welcome to this forum.it's good to see someone from trichur as i'm from irinjalakuda.regarding hdtv's my personal opinion is to go for led.if looking for plasma go for panasonic thx certified models which are damn costly.it's always good to go for a full hd option plus usb cinema option as you can freely get lot of hd movies and other stuff fron net.even if you want to connect a blueray player which will soon replace dvd players you can enjoy their full advantage only with these.regarding the shops my personal opinion is go to bismi ekm and get a price quote.if you are a genuine buyer their price quote will defenitely be the lowest.with that you can bargain trichur people.i personally didthis and fridge house people told me that bismi guys are sitting there not to make profit from margins but only thro bulk sell which they wont do.hence i got my tv's from them.just go and find it out yourself!

Well I have my plasma home now, but still not getting the ideal settings for cable viewing, the pictures are a bit on the darker side. Any one mind helping me out wth the settings? I own the P42U30D

How is the set with both SD and HD ?. And what was the price paid ?. At Bismi, they are quoting Rs. 45200/- for this set.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back