My Guru Junior speakers with luxman amp

Sunderpalanivel

Hello Friend,

Just got the guru junior speakers to pair with my luxman c383 / m383 pre power amplifier. Initial impressions are very good. Will keep posting my impressions. As of now its amazing how this small speakers can reproduce bass and the quality of it. Also its a great thing to be able to place the speakers so close to the wall. Below are few pics.
IMG-20180730-WA0012.jpgIMG-20180730-WA0011.jpgIMG-20180729-WA0007.jpg

Congrats sir
Since many many years was wanting someone to post a review of these speakers on the forum
Will await yours

Strangely your speakers 'lines' (the transmission line port)matches well with your racks. If you hide the wires somehow it would look more elegant. Generally I have a feeling that wider front baffle stuff sounds 'big'. Hope that holds true here too. ;)

Any particular reason you are not keeping the speakers at the centre of the stand( as I can see them kept on the sides of the stand top). The amps look wonderful. Congrats for ur purchase.

Any particular reason you are not keeping the speakers at the centre of the stand( as I can see them kept on the sides of the stand top). The amps look wonderful. Congrats for ur purchase.
Just to increase the gap between two speakers as much as I can

Thank you all.

These speakers are most suitable for me because I could place them up against the wall. I am not aware of any other speakers that would benefit from close to wall placement. Placement flexibility is very important for me.
As for the sound quality..These speakers sound nothing like a small speaker and the bass is plenty with good quality and timber. The image and stage are very good too. this speaker requires a high degree of toe in. The vocals are very good as well. Only thing that sometime troubles is that these speakers are extremely honest. that is it just reflects the recording. Bad records are punished and sounds thin. However as long as the sources recording is good there is nothing to beat these guys at this price range. Over all I never experienced such clean sound despite owning some very expensive gears due to room issues, but for guru room space does not matter, Its a piece of cake. The sound is so clean without any boom and echo.

The amp Luxman C383 and M383 has enough current to move the mountains. So needless to say how they grip these speakers. But to my surprise I do get good range in volume knob despite the 200 watts per channel amp driving a tinny bookshelf speaker. Quality wise this amp is on par with the best amp I have used so far. Very warm and musical.

DAC Chord Mojo - I originally bought the mojo to use with my IEM setup. However I am currently using it in my main system and I absolutely love it. Such a fun presentation of music from this little DAC. I believe it will be difficult to beat the Mojo even at 2 or 3 times the cost . So unless Im in a position to spend 100K on a DAC I dont see a point in changing the Mojo. I might buy the Poly to pair with Mojo so that I can use the SD card function in Mojo and control it remotely. Any suggestions welcome on Music streaming.

Absolutely lovely speakers these.

Love everything about them: a well engineered concept (a helmholtz resonator for the geeks), an unobtrusive and simple design, dimunitive form factor, and their truly non fussy nature. The lack of branding might (names names names), will put off a few. But then you hear it. Out comes the sound; tonally correct with an effortless nature that gives me goosebumps at every listen. Shove some right wattage their way, they are wonderfully satisfying!

A superlative set of speakers, especially for someone looking for a compact, full bandwidth monitor.

@The OP, they must sound nothing less than magical with your Luxman pairing. Enjoy them, happy listening!

Cheers

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back