My living room AV set-up is now done

Naturelover

Staff member
Hello all!

Finally am able to post the pics of my living room set-up. The fronts of the Quad Lite satellites needed repair and that took much longer than expected. Sidewinder18x (Hunter Audio) from Kolkata has replaced the rubber surrounds with much planning and effort since the exact surrounds were not available.
Both, HT and HiFi are in the same room and the electronics are on the same rack.
CDs, DVDs, BDs are stored in the drawers on either side of the AV rack.

The TV is mounted on a 4 inch deep plywood box.
All switches for the AV and lighting of the room are hidden behind a vertical shutter within the box.

The projector is placed in a plywood box inspired from FM moviemaniac's set-up and this thread.
The recliner is pulled up when watching movies and the stereo speakers are also pulled out a bit for music. Such are the compromises with entertainment set-up being in a living room!

ROOM LAYOUT
2whmljb.jpg

2j17exg.jpg

osbjwj.jpg

mvnodf.jpg

72zls5.jpg

14tblva.jpg

Very elegant setup. Congrats! Not sure how hot it gets in Nagpur (as I understand quite hot), so be careful of heat buildup in Projector box, will shorten its life.
Cheers,
Sid

Nice and clean setup.
I liked the two seater recliner.

Do you have two subs? I can see one near the sofa.
Or you took photos while experimenting the positions?

I agree about the PJ heat. Even with air-conditioning, it is better to have some circulation. May be you could open up the rear side of the box.

EDIT: Sorry I see it is the sofa itself. Mistook it for sub. :D

Very very sleek! :) But, can't digest feeding satellites to LX57. :rolleyes:

Thanks.
Yeah, I know. Planning to change the speakers sometime down the line. But, by the limitations of the room, I will not be able to go beyond bookshelves for the fronts. That said, the set-up sound pretty good!
Could go for a Zensor 1 or Kef Q100 or similar set depending upon availability at the time.

Very elegant setup. Congrats! Not sure how hot it gets in Nagpur (as I understand quite hot), so be careful of heat buildup in Projector box, will shorten its life.
Cheers,
Sid

Thanks.
Oh yes, Nagpur does get HOT but I do plan to use the air con if it feels even slightly warm. The a/c is not in the pics.

Nice and clean setup.
I liked the two seater recliner.

I agree about the PJ heat. Even with air-conditioning, it is better to have some circulation. May be you could open up the rear side of the box.

Thanks. The two seater was a must for me and wife to be able to sit together :D!!
Let's see about the heat. The rear is against the outer wall so can't do anything there. I will probable go for holes or even suitable fan on the side of the box if that is needed. See the red box in image 5 here. The projector actually sucks in air from one front grill and exhausts from the other. This actually keeps the pj body from getting too hot. So hopefully, there will be no problems.

It looks very good :clapping:

You can DIY a small PC cabinet fans either side of the projector box and may be use a mobile charger to power them. You can find the thread with pictures of one of the FMs who did this for his living room TV cabinets. Also you can drill some holes on either sides for ventilation. As hot air moves upwards your projector will got hot not only because of its own running but because of all other things down in the living room.

It looks very good :clapping:

Thanks

You can DIY a small PC cabinet fans either side of the projector box and may be use a mobile charger to power them. You can find the thread with pictures of one of the FMs who did this for his living room TV cabinets.

Am not able to locate this thread. Can you give more pointers?

As hot air moves upwards your projector will got hot not only because of its own running but because of all other things down in the living room.

That's a thought.

Hi Naturelover.

I loved your living room HT setup. Beautiful and elegant.

I just posted a new thread which will take some time before MODs approve. I would appreciate it if you could post your inputs ( when the thread is up) as I want to do the same things with my living room as well. Thanks!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back