My Tryst With Projector

rksingh1

I have had a fancy eye on projector for quite some time. Since I knew it is just a curious buy (and no real need or place to use it), I'll end up just blocking my money. Still - I wanted to experience it. The first thought was to pick those cheap Chinese items off of FK and Amazon for 10-12K and see how it goes.

My second thought was to pick up an HD (not FHD) brand projector which will offer better pic quality, and brightness but not enough resolutions. After mulling over this for a month, I decided to go with the second option and picked up a Ricoh WX2240 projector from a local technician. It cost me the same as the Chinese projectors.

I hooked up and projected Firestick on my wall and I am pleasantly surprised with the overall clarity and performance. Sure I miss the resolution, but if I don't look for it, it sure does a great job.

Some pics below where it made a 135in screen from a distance of maybe 15ft. Kids had fun!

IMG_20230514_200425.jpgIMG_20230514_200940.jpgIMG_20230520_211727.jpg

I'm considering setting up a projector with a Fire TV Stick as well. Have you tried using the Fire TV's Bluetooth capability for audio playback?

@rksingh1, could you share where you purchased the projector from?

I'm considering setting up a projector with a Fire TV Stick as well. Have you tried using the Fire TV's Bluetooth capability for audio playback?

@rksingh1, could you share where you purchased the projector from?
I have used firetvstick bluetooth to send audio to my bluetooth speakers and it works fine. Later on i started building my HT 5.1 setup.

I have had a fancy eye on projector for quite some time. Since I knew it is just a curious buy (and no real need or place to use it), I'll end up just blocking my money. Still - I wanted to experience it. The first thought was to pick those cheap Chinese items off of FK and Amazon for 10-12K and see how it goes.

My second thought was to pick up an HD (not FHD) brand projector which will offer better pic quality, and brightness but not enough resolutions. After mulling over this for a month, I decided to go with the second option and picked up a Ricoh WX2240 projector from a local technician. It cost me the same as the Chinese projectors.

I hooked up and projected Firestick on my wall and I am pleasantly surprised with the overall clarity and performance. Sure I miss the resolution, but if I don't look for it, it sure does a great job.

Some pics below where it made a 135in screen from a distance of maybe 15ft. Kids had fun!

View attachment 77310View attachment 77311View attachment 77312
Happy to know the kids enjoyed it ...thats all that matters :)

Wish I could accommodate a projector in my room. Nothing beats a big screen movie experience :)

Have you tried using the Fire TV's Bluetooth capability for audio playback
Yes, used a BT soundbar for audio from Firestick, worked fine.
could you share where you purchased the projector from?
There is a local technician who repairs business projectors - he told me about this and after a demo, I picked it up for 13k. I am actually looking forward to sell it, as I am moving my HT to a projector room where I will put a 4k ST projector.

Wish I could accommodate a projector in my room.
How big is your room, you can try a short throw projector.

What would be the viewing distance from the screen?
There were 8 kids sitting and watching from 8ft to 15ft distance

How big is your room, you can try a short throw projector.
Thanks...The room is only 11.5 x 15 or 16 ft. And my system is placed width wise, with a big absorber at the back of my listening position. So this reduces the viewing distance to the front wall to about 10 ft. The thought of a short throw projector did cross my mind a few times. But will necessitate rearranging the entire room. Besides, the integration of the projector with the system will be too cumbersome for the family to use it when Iam travelling. So will be sparsely used for the allocation of funds it entails. Thus, still pondering over it :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back