My Vinyl cleaning setup

Where can I buy carbon fiber brush for cleaning vinyl records? Still now I have been using baniyan clothes for cleaning my vinyl records.

Thanking you,
Regards,

pksnathan

Carbon fibre brushes are available on ebay (UK abd USA). Dont use baniyan buy 3M micro fibre cloth again available online or many stores in cities.

What I have is isopropyl rubbing alcohol USP. It's a clinical spirit that I got from the chemist. 100ml bottle cost rupees 33.

Never used it till now as I'm not really sure.

Thanks again!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

USP is mostly of clinical use. I dont see any problem if you use it.
Use it with distilled water. 3part water 1part IPA.

Thanks a lot, what exactly is iso propyl alcohol? Can u walk into a chemist and ask for it?

Iso-propyl alcohol is a derivetive of alcohol. It is a great cleaner. Research grade of it is costly. But for cleaning purpose you can use any low grade of this chemical. Readily available in any shop where spare parts of mobiles are available. Price is 40/- bucks for 100ml.

Carbon fiber brushes are available on ebay (UK abd USA). Dont use baniyan buy 3M micro fiber cloth again available online or many stores in cities.

I was extremely happy to see the 3M micro fiber cloths back in the market. Every time I visit the supermarkets, I check for the availability. Most of the times, the answer is not available. This time when I saw the same in a nearby shop, I picked up 5-6 pieces. I think the pricing and packaging has been changed.

USP is mostly of clinical use. I dont see any problem if you use it.
Use it with distilled water. 3part water 1part IPA.
One of my relatives who, when came to know my application of distilled water for record cleaning, gave me a very ingenious idea. He told me that the water that keeps dripping from our air conditioners is also distilled water and is quite a pure version of it. This can be used for our records cleaning application. I took quite an interest as it saves and reuses water. I was a bit skeptical and still collected the water in a bottle through a kitchen sieve. Tried this on a relatively worn out record to test it and played it via my secondary TT (so no damage to my prime cart). I saw that the results were no different than using the distilled water when bought from the market. So I feel this is a good thing.

Others can share their views on this.

One of my relatives who, when came to know my application of distilled water for record cleaning, gave me a very ingenious idea. He told me that the water that keeps dripping from our air conditioners is also distilled water and is quite a pure version of it. This can be used for our records cleaning application. I took quite an interest as it saves and reuses water. I was a bit skeptical and still collected the water in a bottle through a kitchen sieve. Tried this on a relatively worn out record to test it and played it via my secondary TT (so no damage to my prime cart). I saw that the results were no different than using the distilled water when bought from the market. So I feel this is a good thing.

Others can share their views on this.
It is pure water, but if your pipe and AC has any contamination those will flow out with it.
That's my opinion.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Exactly why i used a sieve to filter out any contaminents. Anyway i tried it with a new ac and pipes were clean. One can take care accordingly.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back