NAD 3020 amplifier

wishihadtubes

I picked up a NAD 3020 amplifier sometime ago as it was available for a very low price. However, the amplifier is in serious need of servicing to bring it back up to its old specs. Also, it's headphone output is broken.

Can FMs recommend a repair guy in Delhi who really knows his way around vintage gear? Someone who can work with old service guides/spec sheets? Also someone who can carry out mods to the 3020 using stuff that's available on the Web.

Or is there anyone outside Delhi who can help? All suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

I picked up a NAD 3020 amplifier sometime ago as it was available for a very low price. However, the amplifier is in serious need of servicing to bring it back up to its old specs. Also, it's headphone output is broken.

Can FMs recommend a repair guy in Delhi who really knows his way around vintage gear? Someone who can work with old service guides/spec sheets? Also someone who can carry out mods to the 3020 using stuff that's available on the Web.

Or is there anyone outside Delhi who can help? All suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

What type of servicing are looking for .?
Why do you think it's not fully functional?

I mean if the Amp is working nothing else is required except to blow / vacuum the dust away!

If you have to change components, you have to be very careful. Use only imported high quality components. If you use local ones, the sound signature will change.

On another note, if even if you use imported high quality components, the sound signature will change anyways, however you have a better bet of getting close to the original sound after appropriate burn in.

Thanks Reuben.
Problem was with power supply which made a buzzing sound on start up. Was directed to a repair guy in Delhi who came very highly recommended by several FMs. (Gent has fixed gear like Krell that even company dealers had given up on.) Guy called me to say it's been fixed. Will pick up over weekend and then give feedback here.

Thanks Reuben.
Problem was with power supply which made a buzzing sound on start up. Was directed to a repair guy in Delhi who came very highly recommended by several FMs. (Gent has fixed gear like Krell that even company dealers had given up on.) Guy called me to say it's been fixed. Will pick up over weekend and then give feedback here.

This is a common issue with the 3020. All you need is a change of filter caps (powersupply, power amp and preamp if possible, which is the long-term fix) and you'll be up and running. Its a simple problem and can be easily fixed, however please use imported filter caps. 3020 users over the years, lovingly call this the "Welcome Hum". There are legendary stories about users missing the "Welcome Hum" after upgrading from the 3020 :)

Thanks Reuben.

Kindly name the gentleman who is being discussed here for the benefit of other FM's who might require his services in future. Thanks

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back