Need a 32" Full HD LED TV for 55k

Best 32" LED TV among the list

• Total voters

dippitaurus

Hi guys,

I need a 32" [max] Full HD LED TV for a budget of around 55K. I will be purchasing it in the next coming weeks. After searching the forum and the net I have shortlisted a few models below and please do suggest any other models that are better from the companies below.

LG
1. LG 32LM6410
2. LG 32LA6200

Sony
1. KDL-32W670A

Samsung
1. UA32F6400AR

Philips
1. 32PFL7977/V7

Panasonic
1. TH-L32E6D

Regarding
-size- 32" is the maximum that I require as the TV will be placed in an existing cabinet.

-Picture Quality [top priority] should definitely be good and I cannot compromise on that. Will be watching SD content a lot on Videocon DTH SD.
Regarding SD content- I have a Videocon D2H SD. Even if I upgrade it to an HD one, what difference does it make as there are not many HD channels out there and I don't watch the ones that are there. Regardless, if I make the HD upgrade and subscribe for a SD package, quality will be the same right? or is it improved. Will the upscaling be any different from the regular SD set-top to a HD set-top with SD package? In regard to this how is the upscale quality of all the models?
I also will watch quite a bit HD videos that I downloaded like .mkv, .ts and bluray's which are in my external HDD, on the TV.

-It should run all formats of audio [AAC, AC3, DTS] and video [avi, mp4, h.264 mkv, .ts], I know not all models provide them, but still.

-3D is not at the top of the list as I won't be watching it always. Will watch only movies or game in 3D sometimes. Also, better passive than active.

-LED backlit than edgelit. Again, all of this is not good if I don't get good PQ.
-Require good connectivity options for future purposes.

-I will be purchasing the TV from Bangalore and not online.

I'll be replacing a 22yrs old Videocon CRT, so I'll be looking for reliability, after sales services and such, as this will be a long term investment for me. Hence, future proof. I'll probably skip a couple of technology or until the unit gives up on me before I purchase a new one.

I am leaning more towards LG 32LA6200 and Panasonic. Tell me which is better among these, their current prices and why? Sorry for the long post. Thank you.

Regards.

1. That is a lot of money to pay for a measly 32". You can get a 40" for the same amount.

2. There is no guarantee on how long the new TV will last - certainly it won't last 22 years like your current CRT; besides you will not want the new TV for 22 more years.

3. Since future proof and long term is what you have in mind (even if there is no such thing), you should go for 40-50" even if it costs more. 32" is OK for a bedroom and/or a 2nd TV. Very soon you will realize that 32" is not big enough. So go for higher size, unless space is a severe constraint.

4. SD content will look bad on any flat panel TV as compared to your CRT. So don't expect miracles here.

5. Only backlit LED with local dimming (like what was available in Sony HX925) is better. Otherwise edgelit is better than backlit.

6. I cannot say anything about file formats as I don't download (and so don't care).

OLEDs can become popular in the next 5 or so years. So no question of future proofing beyond a couple of years.

Agree with @just4kix, 55K is a lotta money.

I am also planning to get a 32 incher for my parent's bedroom, but I am looking at other end. Researching options and trying to find out actual benefits, see my thread. Questioning myself would a 17.5K low end TV suffice for watching SD content and some 1080i channels rarely.

Go for the bigger one, PQ is important but size is important too.

Go for a bigger size screen, when you are spending 55K let not the cabinet size influence your buying decision.

No way these TVs will last for a decade.

Look for a bigger size since 32 inch will be mostly suitable as a second TV .Reliability like CRT can't be expected.It needs a bit of luck and look for a brand which satisfies both in PQ and extended warranty.It would give a peace of mind at least until the end of warranty

1. That is a lot of money to pay for a measly 32". You can get a 40" for the same amount.

3. Since future proof and long term is what you have in mind (even if there is no such thing), you should go for 40-50" even if it costs more. 32" is OK for a bedroom and/or a 2nd TV. Very soon you will realize that 32" is not big enough. So go for higher size, unless space is a severe constraint.

OLEDs can become popular in the next 5 or so years. So no question of future proofing beyond a couple of years.
Agree with @just4kix, 55K is a lotta money.
Go for the bigger one, PQ is important but size is important too.

Go for a bigger size screen, when you are spending 55K let not the cabinet size influence your buying decision.
No way these TVs will last for a decade.

Look for a bigger size since 32 inch will be mostly suitable as a second TV .Reliability like CRT can't be expected.It needs a bit of luck and look for a brand which satisfies both in PQ and extended warranty.It would give a peace of mind at least until the end of warranty

Unfortunately size is a severe constraint. So, 32" is the max I can go and no bigger. Since the budget was big, I was hoping to get a better TV for the range. But, if I can get a better one for a lesser budget, all the better. I'll just allocate the money for other needs. So any suggestions guys?

go for the sonyw650 or panasonic e6....both these models are good in SD....DEMO is the best way to choose a tv.....reviews and forum members opinions are only for guidance...choose a tv which looks good to your eyes....
sony is slightly better in SD than the e6...but contrast ratio and colour saturation are better on the panasonic....all the best

Wow..that's some budget for a 32" led. Well even if u go for the best, u would save quite a bit.
Only 2 models come to my mind for out n out best PQ, Sony w670 and panasonic e6d...period.
Both come with 3 yr warranty, the only differente panny comes standard with 3 yr warranty n in case of sony u would need to buy 2 yr extended warranty.

Wow..that's some budget for a 32" led. Well even if u go for the best, u would save quite a bit.
Only 2 models come to my mind for out n out best PQ, Sony w670 and panasonic e6d...period.
Both come with 3 yr warranty, the only differente panny comes standard with 3 yr warranty n in case of sony u would need to buy 2 yr extended warranty.

I believe you have the panasonic e6d with you, right? Can you play all formats like mkv, ts in it? Also, I saw someone posted that it does not detect any external HDD larger than 1TB. Have you checked this? played any game on it? PQ with a SD D2H connection? PQ on HD content on par with Sony?

Last edited:
As Just4kix has said and I agree with him completely, no amount of money paid by you can guarantee the longevity or performance of an LCD/Plasma/Slim flat panel TV.

You seem to say that an existing cabinet which can house only an 32 inches seems to be the constraint. Get rid of the cabinet with the things in it and wall mount the new TV , assuming this house is your own. This will also give you back some real estate in your home.

Obviously there are threads as to how furniture makers and electronic manufacturers live on different planets, however, that is outside the scope of your enquiries. :)

With this budget you can seriously start looking at a minimum 42-50 inches plasma/LCD/LED and the viewing pleasure it can give you will surely make up for the loss of your cabinet.

With the remaining money, get a good media player or upgrade your PC to an HTPC and your format problems would be over. There are HTPC gurus in this forum who are a wealth of information regarding this. Why waste time over what format the TV will play when an media player/HTPC can solve this problem for you? Why pay good money when you have to think as to what format to watch out for etc? :)

In your poll, I would say "NONE".

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back