Need advice for extended warranty on Sony tv

Hi all, I purchased a new Sony x7500h tv ( 55 inch) recently from Reliance and I was offered 2 years extended warranty for 9.5K. The tv is purchased for 70K. I wanted to know if it is wise to go for 2 years extended warrenty for 9.5K or is it a waste. Also, Reliance is claiming that this warranty will hold for any issue resulting from voltage fluctuations also. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
It is wise. Most TVs failures happen just after the one year warranty gets over. The panel is protected for two years for expensive TVs. A two year extended warranty by Sony is for peace of mind. The panel in yr case could cost upto 20000 including GST.

Never buy extended warranty. Never ever worth it. If it was worth it for the consumer, these insurance/warranty companies wouldn't be in business. It is just simple statistics. Moreover most 3rd party warranties never do repair (if they accept the claim after a lot of work), they just give ylou the depreciated value of the TV and take the TV away from your home.

No brainer, Sony TVs are bound to die as soon as warranty is over, hence buy extended warranty as much as possible.
I bought a 50 inch display model in 2015 , it was a 2014 model. Since the last 2 years I've been waiting for it to die so that I could buy a new OLED TV. Eventually I gave up and just gave it away to a friend of mine because it was still working.

I bought a 50 inch display model in 2015 , it was a 2014 model. Since the last 2 years I've been waiting for it to die so that I could buy a new OLED TV. Eventually I gave up and just gave it away to a friend of mine because it was still working.
Must say I envy your luck. While I am no expert here, I too bought a Samsung in 2013 it works fantastic even today, meanwhile two low to mid ranger Sony's in my household one bought in 2012 one in 2017 have died in 3-4 years with panel failure. Similar experience on even big ticket buys recently with a friend of mine who somehow again went with a 77" X90J when their 3-4 yr old Sony died, Sony throws in a 10-20% MRP discount when they don't have the parts. Why do we still aspire for Sony's - A 1999 CRT is still in working condition at my parents and they were fans till the recent failures. All I imply is QC levels and quality of components have definitely dropped with the LED/LCD deluge and outsourced/ procured components and brands like SONY seem to be working as mere assembly lines these days. All that being said extended warranty seems the best fail safe to enjoy the brand's pq without living in constant fear.
Must add I have yet to see or experience the 3rd party insurance or warranty covers personally despite having bought them for my recent electronics purchases like robot vaccums, smartwatches etc. but yes they are a little bit suss unless you clearly ask all the TnC as they do charge a bomb. Best is brand's own extended warranty.

Must say I envy your luck. While I am no expert here, I too bought a Samsung in 2013 it works fantastic even today, meanwhile two low to mid ranger Sony's in my household one bought in 2012 one in 2017 have died in 3-4 years with panel failure. Similar experience on even big ticket buys recently with a friend of mine who somehow again went with a 77" X90J when their 3-4 yr old Sony died, Sony throws in a 10-20% MRP discount when they don't have the parts. Why do we still aspire for Sony's - A 1999 CRT is still in working condition at my parents and they were fans till the recent failures. All I imply is QC levels and quality of components have definitely dropped with the LED/LCD deluge and outsourced/ procured components and brands like SONY seem to be working as mere assembly lines these days. All that being said extended warranty seems the best fail safe to enjoy the brand's pq without living in constant fear.
Must add I have yet to see or experience the 3rd party insurance or warranty covers personally despite having bought them for my recent electronics purchases like robot vaccums, smartwatches etc. but yes they are a little bit suss unless you clearly ask all the TnC as they do charge a bomb. Best is brand's own extended warranty.
I bought a A95k in October during the Dussehra sale and got a 3 yr comprehensive warranty for the TV. Even I had contemplated extended warranty, however it was only available through Onsitego and that too for an amount of about 27k , and I don't trust any 3rd party extended warranty, I'm sure if ever the issue of a claim comes up , I ll have to run around a lot to get anything done.

So I guess I'm just going to take my chances with it. However , If there was an extended warranty from Sony for 2yrs , say in the region of about 20k , i.d be very tempted to take it.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back