Need advice on purchasing HD tv

lake1988

Hi guys I am new here and I'm planning to buy a 40 inch full hd led tv. Please help me to pick between sony, samsung and lg.
Requirements-
1.Very good picture quality.
2.not 3d.
3.not looking for media playback from tv cause I already have a bluray player for it.
4.not looking for internet capable or such thing on tv..if it's there it's ok.
5.atleast 2 hdmi port.
6.good refresh rate.

Hi,

Got myself a Samsung UA40D5003 a month ago during a Ugadi sale for 42K. LED, Full HD. Drawbacks: only 1 HDMI port, no movie playback off USB. But hey..., steal me thinks. I have a media player anyway.

Cheers

Hi guys I am new here and I'm planning to buy a 40 inch full hd led tv. Please help me to pick between sony, samsung and lg.
Requirements-
1.Very good picture quality.
2.not 3d.
3.not looking for media playback from tv cause I already have a bluray player for it.
4.not looking for internet capable or such thing on tv..if it's there it's ok.
5.atleast 2 hdmi port.
6.good refresh rate.

Hi, since you mention picture quality is important, have you considered Plasma?

I know that plasma costs less than led now a days but I'm thinking about longevity of the product also.
Between plasma and led which one do u think will last more.
I am still confused which brand should I buy.

Guys thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.

Guys I have shortlisted two models-
1.sony ex520 40 inch.
2.samsung d500prmxl 40 inch.

Pls suggest which one should I go for regarding my requirements.

Thanks guys.

I know that plasma costs less than led now a days but I'm thinking about longevity of the product also.
Between plasma and led which one do u think will last more.
I am still confused which brand should I buy.

Guys thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.

1) it costs less coz companies realise its goodness and are agressively pushing them in the market not because of any other reason. Infact most of the plasma manufacturers buy plasma panels frm Panasonic since only Panny has the technology and capability to mass produce plasma panels. I mean to say that when they make their own LCD panels and LED panels, why would they buy panels from competitor which will most probably be costlier? Probably coz they believe in the technology are pushing it in to the market.

2) As far as i've read longevity is really not an issue. If i recollect correctly they last for more than 15 yrs with abt 5hours daily usage easily provided its cared for. I would suggest you check this out but trust me, it shouldnt be a deciding factor at all!!

3) If you are going for Plasma, chk out new 'neo-pdp' panel tv by Panasonic. If you ask me, picture quality is most important in a TV so i opt for plasma for color accuracy and 3d performance and as far as i've seen, Panasonic beats the rest with large margin in terms of color accuracy!!

4) Reg. refresh rates, Plasm doesnt have that concept of refresh rates at all. Still to answer your question, refresh rate is much much much better on a plasma panel. So 3d is best viewed on Plasmas!

as Yuvarake also has clearly pointed out............it would be unwise to dismiss plasma, you would be depriving your eyes the best overall picture quality essentially for 3D. Pan neo pdp panels are the best but might cost more..........only the V, G, S series have neo pdp panels but even the recent UT50 with Infinite Black 2 Panel is a fantastic buy, one of the best black levels in the same price category!!!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back