Need advise shipping from amazon us, avr+ floorstanding speakers + subwoofer

CAPT BAURY

NEED ADVISE SHIPPING FROM AMAZON US, AVR+ FLOORSTANDING SPEAKERS + SUBWOOFER
========================================================

Hi Guys,

I intend to buy AVR + Floorstanding speakers + Subwoofer from Amazon us as I believe Amazon.de is not cost effective any more and recently started charging 8 euro/kg for shipping with prices little higher than US.

I checked various threads on Amazon US but couldnt get all the answers.
Since the items I would like to buy are not available in India, I have no option other than to get shipped from abroad.
I am sure personal experiences/valuable inputs will be very useful for fellow members in ordering stuff from Amazon US.

I have never used Amazon.us before and your valuable advice will be highly appreciated on following:

1) Which is the better shipping option when ordering, international shipping or free super saver?
I will be getting these shipped to Mumbai.
2) Can I use my City bank Platinum master card for making an order?
3) Is Amazon US cost effective when ordering heavy items getting shipped to India?
4) Will I get to know the final amount including shipping and customs, before checking out?
5) Any hidden costs?
6) Will the stuff get delivered to my door step or I need to get it cleared from customs?
7) I believe custom will be charged for total cost above INR 35000/. In that case at what %age of the total cost?
8) I believe two transformers 110 to 220 v will be required, one for AVR and second for the subwoofer. I plan to buy these locally (I believe 1500/ each).
Since we dont have many power break downs/fluctuations. I dont see any requirement for UPS also. Kindly advice.
9) Approximate delivery time to India?
10) Would I be able to track my order?

Sorry for troubling you guys and asking too many questions, but I am sure it will help in clearing doubts of many fellow members ordering stuff from amazon US.:):)

Look forward to hear soon.
:cheers::cheers:

Last edited:
Custom duty will be applicable on entire amount unless you are bringing it yourself then 35k limit kicks in.

They won't ship speakers usually and even if they did it will be huge cost as they weight a lot.

Trust me you can get a far better deal in India. My personal experience.

What is it that you want to buy that is not available in India?

Hope it helps.

Thanks for your reply. Its not only about heavy speakers, I also would like to import small items from Amazon US and appreciate fellow members feedback on the complete procedure.
Thanks in advance.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back