Need Help Deciding : Budget Increased

prafulk

Well i would say you guys have done this to me. .educated me and made me double my budget. .but looking at it as a one time buy , i wont crib about this beyond a point . (That was the point :indifferent14: )

Anyways, I auditioned the HTiB that are so popular here like 1312XP and 3400 and 3500. .all were sub par performance, and now i know the reason for it as well . .(Read Speakers). .

So i have almost made-up my mind for the AVR for Denon 1513 @ around 27k (Pune). . I just need to decide the speaker package now. I have an overall budget of 55k now (from an earlier 30k). .:sad:

1. JBL Cinema 500 - Personally auditioned and liked - 28k
2. Energy ACT 6 - Getting good deal as EOL - 25k
3. Onkyo 648 - Not auditioned , no idea - 32k

I need to make a decision fast...

Preference :
1. Good and Clear Bass
2. Movies 80% , Music 20%

Please don't go for Denon 1513. It's looks are good but features are very limited. My suggestion is to go with Denon 1612

In the similar budget I bought Yamaha RX V373 + Boston Acoustics XS 5.1 for Rs.48,000/-

This combo really rocks

I feel the JBL 500 will give me a better punch as compared to the Boston XS . For the AVR , do you have any specific features sin mind that are missing ?

I found out the the calibration feature (Audyssey) is not such a deal breaker, as i will get the professionals to set it up anyways. .

Please don't go for Denon 1513. It's looks are good but features are very limited. My suggestion is to go with Denon 1612

In the similar budget I bought Yamaha RX V373 + Boston Acoustics XS 5.1 for Rs.48,000/-

This combo really rocks[/QUOTE

Yamaha receivers should provide better surround effects for movies, but it lags behind in music (your usage preference is 80% movies and 20% music).

Also consider receivers with pre-outs for 5.1 or 7.1 channels, in case you have an appetite for more power. This would allso you to add a power-amp later and use the receiver as a pre-amp.

Well on some researching, the Yamaha does sound like a much better bet. .how much does it retail for ?

Also, I keep visiting Hyderabad. . do you think these setups are cheaper there as compared to Pune ??

go for 1612 the audessy is a deal breaker! I have personally experienced its prowess and no expert can match its precision calibration..

@ravin....I beg to differ you pertaining to Yamaha AVRs. IMHO yammys are more musical atleast that is what my experience says. Infact this has been reiterated on this forum quite often. Yammys do not have bassy punch but when it comes to HF, none does the better job than yamaha. Denon is quite bassy which is required for enjoying action movies. But anyone considering yammys or denon have to get them auditioned first.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back