Need Help for 5.1 computer card

Hi everyone,
I need help for one of my friend who has recently purchased a second hand Sony AV Receiver HT DDW 850. And he want to use it mainly with his P.C.. But Prtoblem is this he is not having a 5.1 sound card having digital coaxial or optical output. So he has to satisfy himself with DVD Player to enjoy 5.1 sound. He is going to upgrade his SD Airtel set top box to HD one very soon. He has a lot of movies on his PC with 5.1 audio and here in Karnal we didn't found any computer hardware dealer who can provide us the compatible card for his PC so that he can connect his Sony AVR to the computer either with digital coaxial or Optical port.
Here are the details of my friends computer
MotherBoard - DG41 of geegabyte company
Ram- 4 GB
Processor- Intel dual core 2.5 ghz
If any forum member have knowledge what type of card will be required and how much it will cost, Please share your valuable and most awaited views/advise
Thanks
Ashutosh

Hi everyone,
I need help for one of my friend who has recently purchased a second hand Sony AV Receiver HT DDW 850. And he want to use it mainly with his P.C.. But Prtoblem is this he is not having a 5.1 sound card having digital coaxial or optical output. So he has to satisfy himself with DVD Player to enjoy 5.1 sound. He is going to upgrade his SD Airtel set top box to HD one very soon. He has a lot of movies on his PC with 5.1 audio and here in Karnal we didn't found any computer hardware dealer who can provide us the compatible card for his PC so that he can connect his Sony AVR to the computer either with digital coaxial or Optical port.
Here are the details of my friends computer
MotherBoard - DG41 of geegabyte company
Ram- 4 GB
Processor- Intel dual core 2.5 ghz
If any forum member have knowledge what type of card will be required and how much it will cost, Please share your valuable and most awaited views/advise
Thanks
Ashutosh

You can ask your friend to pick up the one he is interested in both pricey (music capability) as well as not so pricey for movie/gaming playback from here. You can go thru this site with the comparison and based on the shortlisting you can check the review and purchase.

Thanks

Thanks manniraj,
Mr friend's budget is Rs. 1500 max and his main purpose is movie watching. And please any body can share which card wil be perfect for the configuration which I mentioned in my thread
Thanks
Ashutosh

Thanks baijuxavor
My friends AVR is not capable of HDMI input and he dont want to change CPU or motherboard. So if any card compatible for his existing computer please share
Thanks
Ashutosh

can I suggest one USB sound card which is develop by creative? .here you can go Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB Sound Card | Creative Labs Online Store.

right now I am using this card for listening music in head phone,it is giving good quality according to my exp.and it had optical output and it is support 2.0,2.1 and 5.1 with Dolby Digital.this product wont available in INDIA market.but you can get in INDIA :).its cost around 3k.

it may be help you.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back