Need help to buy 5.1 Home theatre

sskcontrol

Hi,
I am planning to buy 5.1 home theatre which I would also like to use it for listening music and expecting the performance as in good stereo system.
My requirement music(all kinds),movies 50-50%. Can someone help me on the queries below:
1. I see most AV receiver (in HTIB or separate) has max 100 or 150W output with one channel driven. In case if all channels are driven, then o/p will be less. Please correct me on the above point.
2. If above point is correct, I want to use home theatre in a hall 14*20 Ft. Should I go for buying 100*5 channel AV receiver to get good sound in all channels which will be audible.
3. I see Rx 73 series yamaha receiver which are shown as 5*100W(all channel). But they are shown as discontinued. Any AV receiver you can suggest with 20K..Max30K with above spec.
4.My budget is max 30K or 40K for home theatre. If I cant get above spec in my budget, Shall I get AV receiver with best tower or big speaker (for stereo) in that budget. Pls let me know if I can get anything.

Thanks for your help.:licklips:

Hi sskcontrol,

For 30K or 40K budget you have several options,

HTIB -

Yamaha - YHT299
Onkyo 3500

You can buy separate AVR and go for separate 5.1 speakers too :). Try to audition few systems and pick the one which you liked more as per your taste.

Thanks,

Hi,
I have a similar sort of requirement. My budget is around 25K and my requirement of HT is to listen music and watch TV programs in 5.1 effect.
Want to connect to my Tata Sky HD HT system and watch TV programs.
expecting the performance as in good stereo system.
Looking for a good out of box system that suits my requirement.
Please suggest

Hi,
with the budget that you have mentioned you can only get a HTIb if you want to go for receiver + good speaker set that would not be enough, yes the yamaha 299 & onkyo 3400 packages are good, but they wont match the tonal quality of dedicated speakers, the best thing would be extend your budget abit, go for two bookshelves and a decent receiver almost all the ones within 35k are either entry level or just above them, the best thing would be go to stores and audition as many speakers as you can

4.My budget is max 30K or 40K for home theatre. If I cant get above spec in my budget, Shall I get AV receiver with best tower or big speaker (for stereo) in that budget
[/QUOTE ]

Hi
As others have pointer out, upto 40k, only combinations like Yamaha 299 or Onkyo 3400 are available
These are AVR + 5.1 satellite-subwoofer systems. They are tuned for movies mainly. You will get good output for DishTV/Tata Sky HD content too.

Music will not be as good as what you can get for separates - floorstanders/bookshelves - but such a setup is much more beyond your budget.

One of the cheapest 5.1s you can build is Boston Acoustics for is 70k
4 x A25s (17k per pair) + A225c (13k) + ASW 250 (20k) + cables etc

You need to add AVR (25-30k) to this

If you want to pick up floorstanders only, there are a couple of options available in under 40k (Monitor Audio MR4, Sonodyne Sonus) but one which will please your ears (my opinion based on a small sample set) is the Boston Acoustics A360 for about 45k
(again AVR to be added)

So again, well beyond the budget

Then there is the notoriously-difficult-to-find Andrew Jones designed Pioneer FS 52s
The full 5.1 speakers (including 2 floorstanders for good music) to be had for about 52k
(Or you can try just the FS 52 floorstanders only for about 25k)
They've gotten a lot of good reviews as very good sounding for their price. Check Pioneer India website and lookup dealers.

If you do not forsee adding too many sources to your system, you can consider taking a stereo receiver like Cambridge Audio SR10 and connect the digital out from your TV to the SR10
(assuming your TV has a digital audio out like all LCD/LED models in last few years)

In this setup, everything connects via HDMI to your TV and then sound goes to the amplifier.

You can only connect 2 speakers to the stereo receiver but you can buy better quality bookshelves (Q Acoustics 2020, Tannoy Mercury V1, Wharfedale Diamonds, Dali Zensor 3s etc) or maybe even floorstanders mentioned above

I myself have a AVR + 2.0 floorstanders setup and I really enjoy TV watching and movies. Music is of course the best part about this setup

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back