Need Help

vamsik

Team,
I need help. I moved to Central Europe recently. I have been thinking of building my home theater system. Earlier, when in India, I had a Panasonic Plasma 42 inch TV with an Onkyo Home Theater and a Pioneer DVD Player. I gave them all to parents before I moved. Now missing them all, and plan to build my home theater.

What do I have now:
1. A Philips HD Ready TV given by my landlord ( He doesn't want to remove it and I am ok to live with it) which has 2 HDMI slots.
2. Roku 3
3. More than 300 DVDs/VCDs both Movies and Music.

What do I want:
1. A Home theater with very minimal cables but very versatile to play not just the DVDs etc, but internet Radio, Spotify etc. Something that is future ready. I am more an audio guy than video, so sound quality is of higher priority for me.

What have I identified yet:
1. I plan to buy Sony S7200 Bluray Player to play my DVDs/VCDs
2. For the Sound System I have shortlisted- 1. Naim MU-SO or 2. Yamaha YSP2500 or 3. Philips Fidelo B5. But I am open to any other options. My living room is large - 500 Sq Ft.
3. I think I will need a AV Receiver and here I am confused. With a HTB, it was easy and now I don't intend to get one. So Will request help from the members here on what options I can go for. Pioneer VSX-930-K seems a good option. But I am open to suggestions.

4. I am fine to spend a little more for that future ready ($1500-2000), best in the market gadget.

Help needed:
1. Overall suggestion on building the Home Theater.
2. Specific suggestions on The Sound System.

Thanks a ton in advance and a Merry Christmas/New Year.

Regards
Vamsi

Hi

You should look at a mid level models of Pioneer AVR or Marantz or Onkyo 5.1 for the room size you specified...Yamaha 477/479 may also work fine...

Speakers can be Boston Acoustics or Jamo or JBLs....look at their Loft Series...it worth it..

The key is to audition whatever you purchase so you don't regret it.....in terms of Blu ray player....ensure that you get a UNIVERSAL player which plays all regions...look at Pioneer BDP 170/180...

All the best..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back