Need some programming help please

Staxxx

I wonder if there is a way to do this via a program shortcut:

Basically I have ripped a lot of my CDs. Each CD album sits in a folder for each composer. Each album folder contains the files for each track on the CD. The music server uses a Windows interface. I would like to prefix each album folder name with the composers name. For Eg. "Four Ballades" is a CD folder which is under the "Chopin" composer folder (which itself is nested in the "Classical" folder). I would like the album folder to be renamed "Chopin: Four Ballades". Ideally the files within thte album folder should also be renamed with the same prefix, but at the moment I would be more than happy if the folder names only could be edited.

Please help!

Try a software called 'Bulk Rename'. It has a lot of options. You'd have to research a bit.

"Composer: Album Name" is invalid as ":" is not allowed in folder or file name. Use "Composer - Album Name".

Are the songs properly tagged? If the tag has composer field filled in correctly, you can use mediamonkey to do what you want. Scan all the songs to the media monkey library and use the 'Auto Organize Files' option.

2przo6o.png

You can also try file renamer applications.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back