Need suggestion: 75-inch TV

Sri81

Hi folks, Please help me decide to choose the best 75inch tv for my home; my budget is 1.5lakhs.
Picture quality and reliability are my priority, for audio I can use a sound bar.

Mi QLED TV 75inch - 1.4lakhs
Vu Premium QLED TV 75inch - 1.2lakhs
LG UQ80 75'inch 4K LED Smart TV - 1.5lakhs (2022 model, not QLED)

Hi folks, Please help me decide to choose the best 75inch tv for my home; my budget is 1.5lakhs.
Picture quality and reliability are my priority, for audio I can use a sound bar.

My vote for VU masterpiece # in this week i purchased 55 inch VU masterpiece television sir )

My vote for VU masterpiece # in this week i purchased 55 inch VU masterpiece television sir )
Thanks for the reply, VU masterpiece 75 inch seems pricy than the VU premium 75. can you share which TVs you had shortlisted? then choose VU.

You can't go wrong with Mi Q1 75". HDR peak brightness of 1000 nits, 192 local dimming zones, over 95% DCI-P3 color gamut coverage. You are not going to get a better 75" TV than Mi Q1 under 2L. Only thing that can go against is that it's last year's model and if Mi goes ahead and launches it upgraded version, you may have buyers remorse. You can go through this thread where fellow members have shared their experience https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...-75-on-23rd-march-qled-192-zones-120hz.84178/

LGUQ80 if you care about peace of mind being one of the three big brands. It would be IPS panel but still worth it for brand value. Those Mi and Vu may have better picture quality but you will have better peace of mind. Even sony X80J for that matter you can consider.

Being an owner of Mi 75 inch tv , I can tell you that it has been a mixed bag for me. The product had to be replaced 3 times due to multiple issues with the screen in the first 2 months. I have not faced any issues since then. Mi service has been stellar and they replaced and have given me a new TV every time. Having said that there are a few things I feel you should be aware of

- Picture quality is outstanding at the price its offered (prices have gone up by almost 20K since the time of launch last year. But still worth every penny).
- 4K and HD content are great. SD content are disappointing.
- No SW updates till date and neither do I expect anything in future. Better to use an external streaming device like a FS or Shield.
- The TV is big and heavy ....be sure to measure and arrange for space before finalizing on any 75 inch for that matter
- ARC does not work with older AV receivers (not specific to Mi tv but also other brands as well including LG , Sony)
- Minor software niggles at times (once in a quarter) which can be rectified by restarting the TV

If you are OK with the above compromises , just go ahead and buy it. Nothing even comes close to the value it offers at this price. However if you want to stick to the bigger names , I would suggest to look at 65 inch TVs within your budget where Sony / LG and Samsung have a few models which are available within this price with card / festive offers.

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions, it looks like Mi Tv has many issues but good to know their after-sales service is excellent.
Anyone has LED and QLED at home? is that hype about QLED picture quality noticeable? if not then I will go with known brands like LG for an LED 75inch screen.

TCL has launched a 75-inch QLED TV today with similar specs to the Mi brand, let me visit the TCL store as well.

Does anyone have experience with after-sales support from the TCL brand?

QLED is a general thing that some panels are stunningly manufactured that can give OLEDs a tough fight but there are others that are cheaply done. Samsung top end models for example are great QLEDs. Tcl uses that but i dont think it measures up to Samsung's level. Its like a prism layer that gives better colours. FALD(or mini LEDs) plus QLED makes a good TV choice, often on par with OLEDs. LG has nano technology that most believe are their way of telling QLED like Sony uses "triluminous" term. The execution of it matters and with that prices are high too. They are bright too with good contrast. Personally speaking I dont like bright TVs but to each their own. I had a Vu 55" and it had an awful soap opera effect which will make movies look like TV series. Tcl is better i would say as their products are widely distributed across the globe - a better Chinese brand. They even had a critically acclaimed 635 series a couple of years ago that is a masterpiece proclaimed product line. This forum does not care for brand much. Its a small community of niche tech saavy group. They are not wrong either. But in reality, across households and in the street, brand is a huge thing and it is rightly so.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for all your suggestions, it looks like Mi Tv has many issues but good to know their after-sales service is excellent.
Anyone has LED and QLED at home? is that hype about QLED picture quality noticeable? if not then I will go with known brands like LG for an LED 75inch screen.

TCL has launched a 75-inch QLED TV today with similar specs to the Mi brand, let me visit the TCL store as well.

Does anyone have experience with after-sales support from the TCL brand?
Picture with the Mi 75 QLED is miles better than the very best LED panels out there. It's all in the blacks and the contrast, and also the intense brightness the Mi 75 QLED offers. A friend had a brand new Vu 65 LED TV (top of their line) and he had severe buyers remorse about after he saw the picture quality of the Mi QLED 75. He ultimately bought the Mi QLED 75 for the entertainment center (with a big ass Sonos sound system) and placed the Vu LED in a bedroom somewhere. So either QLED or OLED if you are looking for a good picture experience.

As a long term Mi 75 QLED user, I can only talk about the brilliant picture quality and the amazing brightness it offers. The power consumption is some 350W when the screen is white - that should give you an idea of the brightness produced. I've connected it to a 5.1 soundbar (Sony HT-RT3) via HDMI ARC and I have a very good experience watching HDR content with 5.1 surround. The built in speakers are decent, but the 5.1 experience is much much better. Not had any issues with a TV, so not had to contact service. 2 friends bought the same after I did, and both are extremely happy too, and no quality issues.

Being an owner of Mi 75 inch tv , I can tell you that it has been a mixed bag for me. The product had to be replaced 3 times due to multiple issues with the screen in the first 2 months. I have not faced any issues since then. Mi service has been stellar and they replaced and have given me a new TV every time. Having said that there are a few things I feel you should be aware of

- Picture quality is outstanding at the price its offered (prices have gone up by almost 20K since the time of launch last year. But still worth every penny).
- 4K and HD content are great. SD content are disappointing.
- No SW updates till date and neither do I expect anything in future. Better to use an external streaming device like a FS or Shield.
- The TV is big and heavy ....be sure to measure and arrange for space before finalizing on any 75 inch for that matter
- ARC does not work with older AV receivers (not specific to Mi tv but also other brands as well including LG , Sony)
- Minor software niggles at times (once in a quarter) which can be rectified by restarting the TV

If you are OK with the above compromises , just go ahead and buy it. Nothing even comes close to the value it offers at this price. However if you want to stick to the bigger names , I would suggest to look at 65 inch TVs within your budget where Sony / LG and Samsung have a few models which are available within this price with card / festive offers.
I agree with most of the points above - esp. on the picture quality, lack of SW updates, and the huge TV size. The difference is - he's had to have the TV changed 3 times, I have 3 Mi QLED 75 (me + 2 friends), and none of us has had any issues.

Back