Need suggestions for a pair of Stereo Speakers

ryanrulez4ever

Hi Guys

Kindly help me with suggestions for an awesome pair of speakers

Past : have used wharfedale diamond 121s , Dali Vokal center and Elac s8 sub with a Denon x1600H AVR ( i have all of these and would be selling the bookshelves, Vokals and the sub, ( the AVR in future after i get my hands over a good amplifier)

Present : PC (Roon) -> Denafrips Ares II -> Feliks echo tube amp (has preout option for speakers) and Sennheiser HD6XX, might retain the AVR and use for time being until i have funds to upgrade to a better stereo amplifier.

Future : Need help with choosing speakers under the budget of 1.5L INR (might go a lil higher if something is really worth it) , will eventually change the amplifier to something better as well (Suggest if possible for future purposes), wont be upgrading the speakers anytime soon or be going for a HT setup for sure.

Environment specifics : Typical bedroom stereo setup ( 8 x 10ft Room) , Listening distance from speakers 4-5 feet , very less rear wall distance (4-6 inches) .

Requirement : Stereo speakers which can do a good job with music(60%) as well as movies (40%) More inclined towards bookshelves or stand mounts

Source : Tidal , Qobuz and some FLACs ( if things go well might even get a TT in future)

Genres : 80s, Classic rock, Psychedelic Rock , Hard rock, Blues , Jazz , old pop , Bollywood and some Sufi stuff.

Why am i moving from past to present and then to future state ? :
Blessed with a son ( he's 20 months old now) , had to downsize so that he gets more play area and had to pick 2 good speakers instead of having 4 (LCR and sub) this is an ultimatum from the home ministry ( if i go against i might have to create a new thread on a different forum to find a hotel or a new home) , need something that can also be used for movies , again im aware that nothing can beat a HT setup for movies and center for dialogues and stuff but i have to compromise here , which is why im currently making do with my headphone setup and finance ministry (which again is a portfolio held by the home minister ) suggested that i can finally get some speakers cos i cant hear her with the headphones on ( cloud with a silver lining).

What have i considered or come across so far ?
Wharfedale Lintons (Auditoned at Star audio, Bangalore)
Used pair of Klipsch Heresy III (yet to audition)
Used Pair of ATC SCM 19 (yet to audition)
Sbacoustics Ara Be (Kairos design built by Eight audio) (yet to audition)
Wharfedale Evo 4.2 (yet to audition)

Thanks in advance !

Last edited:
Good speaker, you will see the worth factor, i am using it for 2 years now. Not sure if it will fit for your room size.

Think it's eos model as Heresy 4 has come but it has got rear ported.

Will fit for your room size. One of my friend using it with 5 inch away from wall.
Thank you for your reply, iam okay even if it's used, Eos or discontinued as long as they sound lively, warm with good lows, soundstage, details and instrument separation, heresy III is not rear ported i guess

Please include Fyne audio 501 too. It has coaxial speakers and is excellent for mid field listening, Imo.
thank you so much for replying , i will definitely consider them and find places to audition them in Bangalore
I believe a Blumenhofer Big Fun 17 is available with a forum member in Bangalore
thank you so much for replying , Could you kindly PM their details or if there's a seller here in Bangalore where i could audition them ?

Have Klipsch Heresy III in a large room 10m x 4.5m driven by a pair of Amp Camp Amp in bridged mono mode. I am satisfied.

With the other tube amp 8Wpc also it is very good in my opinion.

It is limited to like 60Hz at the bottom but can feel the bass lower than that. The sound seems live than precise imaging. Even for movies I find it adequate.

Positioning is not a big issue as it is sealed. Closer to wall or floor more bass but on the floor as designed I would not recommend. Found it turning a bit muddled.

Heresy IV are rear ported and even more expensive than H IIIs and perhaps the issue of positioning away from wall will eat into your space.

Had a fad that HT is the way forward way back in 1998. Should not have gone that way.

thank you so much for replying , i will definitely consider them and find places to audition them in Bangalore.
I just checked the price and the price have been increased almost double now. I don't think it is value for money anymore. It used to be under 1.5 lacs.

Have Klipsch Heresy III in a large room 10m x 4.5m driven by a pair of Amp Camp Amp in bridged mono mode. I am satisfied.

With the other tube amp 8Wpc also it is very good in my opinion.

It is limited to like 60Hz at the bottom but can feel the bass lower than that. The sound seems live than precise imaging. Even for movies I find it adequate.

Positioning is not a big issue as it is sealed. Closer to wall or floor more bass but on the floor as designed I would not recommend. Found it turning a bit muddled.

Heresy IV are rear ported and even more expensive than H IIIs and perhaps the issue of positioning away from wall will eat into your space.

Had a fad that HT is the way forward way back in 1998. Should not have gone that way.
Thank you for replying , i definitely have good feeling about heresy III , but i want to make an informed decision before pulling the trigger on the used pair, as i wont be upgrading anytime after this .

I just checked the price and the price have been increased almost double now. I don't think it is value for money anymore. It used to be under 1.5 lacs.
Yes , just received the shocker , Maybe ill have to look for used fun 17 if there are any, but i cant seem to find any. jochen said wood is 300% higher now , i was gonna say get me the internals i can work on the wood part as my uncle owns a timber mill :D.

Please include Fyne audio 501 too. It has coaxial speakers and is excellent for mid field listening, Imo.
hearing great reviews on these, do you own these? had contacted the local dealer here 'Trusurround' who doesn't have any stock for audition

Thank you for replying , i definitely have good feeling about heresy III , but i want to make an informed decision before pulling the trigger on the used pair, as i wont be upgrading anytime after this .

Yes , just received the shocker , Maybe ill have to look for used fun 17 if there are any, but i cant seem to find any. jochen said wood is 300% higher now , i was gonna say get me the internals i can work on the wood part as my uncle owns a timber mill :D.
Here are some videos for you to have a taste of Heresy IIIs. Use a headphone. Recorded with a mobile (Lumia 950). Definitely it will not be like listening live. These are my videos but setup has changed a lot from that now. Western and Indian to cover the rainbow

hearing great reviews on these, do you own these? had contacted the local dealer here 'Trusurround' who doesn't have any stock for audition
No. But I have a tannoy XT 6f which is a predecessor of Fyne audio F501. They are very good. Not warm sounding but lively with a slight bump in the top end. You need a neutral to warm-sounding amp to pair with it.

Here are some videos for you to have a taste of Heresy IIIs. Use a headphone. Recorded with a mobile (Lumia 950). Definitely it will not be like listening live. These are my videos but setup has changed a lot from that now. Western and Indian to cover the rainbow

The tabla gave me goosebumps :) I can only imagine the live sound :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back