Need suggestions for Denon Upgrade

revanth73

- Using 'Denon 1312 HTS' 5.1 and 'Western Digital HD Media player' at home from last 6 years.
- Planning to Upgrade my Home theatre System which supports Dolby Atmos .
- I will download movies from Torrent Websites. I can see most of the Atmos torrents are 7.1 Atmos.

1) Can i only upgrade my receiver and use the old speakers?
2) Better to use 5.1.2 or 7.1.2 Atmos setup ? I don't see any 5.1.2 movie torrents
3) Do i need to upgrade Media player as well? I can see that Denon Receiver is coming with USB option.

Please suggest!

thanks,
Revanth

1. If you want Atmos....you need to upgrade...honestly dont see much difference against a 7.1 or 7.2 setup....

2. Thats your choice of what you want....you may need to search harder.

3. Depending on decoding modes of the media player, you may need to do so...check.....USB option on AVR is only for music, photos...no video....

- Using 'Denon 1312 HTS' 5.1 and 'Western Digital HD Media player' at home from last 6 years.
- Planning to Upgrade my Home theatre System which supports Dolby Atmos .
- I will download movies from Torrent Websites. I can see most of the Atmos torrents are 7.1 Atmos.

1) Can i only upgrade my receiver and use the old speakers?

Yes.. you can..

2) Better to use 5.1.2 or 7.1.2 Atmos setup ? I don't see any 5.1.2 movie torrents

If you are looking for Atmos set-up, then 5.1.2 it should be..There plenty of movies in Atmos.. Use keyword "Atmos".

3) Do i need to upgrade Media player as well?

Not reqd.. If it is able to "bistream", AVR will decode it..

I can see that Denon Receiver is coming with USB option.

As mentioned by efernand1, it is only for Audio files..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back