need to know how good are woodstock amplifiers ? is it better than Norge

Never heard of them. As for Norge, pls go & check their amps yourself in their workshop in mahim

Niloy, the Woodstocks used to be very good throughout the 90s. I haven't seen them since. They used to be the only strong contenders to the Sonodyne stuff.

In fact, some of the bigger amps used to have great power as well as smoothness.

IMHO, they's be great. But dunno how they'd stack up to the new Norges.

Hi,
I had a woodstock way back in 1987 (80w pc). It's not fair to compare that model with present Norge-1000... however just for info sake...
1. This woodstock gave a hum thru speakers even when no source was connected. The Norge-1000 I bought last yr, doesn't generate any noise even with a live source (DVD in my case) is connected.
2. This woodstock had better faceplate (Brushed finish Aluminium) and the control knobs like volume, bass, treble etc had nice firm & professiona feel about them. The present Norge is way behind in these terms.

Regds,

thnx a ton ! i have a woodstock floorstand speakers which has 12" woofers. picked up in delhi 6 yrs back . sounded good with a pioneer 5.1 channel AVR ( 75 watts per channel) . No want to replace the pioneer with Norge 1000 or Norge ref 2000. have taken demo for both in Mahim . Mr Bajaj recommends ref 2000. any suggestion from u guys. Also have a option to buy a secondhand woodstock amp yet to check it out . not know much about it specs. my existing speakers can handle 125 to 150 watts

thnx guys ... any suggestion n Norge 1000 0r Norge Ref 2000

thnx a ton ! i have a woodstock floorstand speakers which has 12" woofers. picked up in delhi 6 yrs back . sounded good with a pioneer 5.1 channel AVR ( 75 watts per channel) . No want to replace the pioneer with Norge 1000 or Norge ref 2000. have taken demo for both in Mahim . Mr Bajaj recommends ref 2000. any suggestion from u guys. Also have a option to buy a secondhand woodstock amp yet to check it out . not know much about it specs. my existing speakers can handle 125 to 150 watts

Last edited:
thnx guys ... any suggestion n Norge 1000 0r Norge Ref 2000

I'd go for a Norge ref 2000 any day. It'll give your speakers the right amount of juice.

Go for it Niloy! It'll be a very rocking combo. I hope you've heard it with your speakers, though. The amp speaker synergy is very very important. try and get Mr. bajaj to let you ausition the amp in your home with your cdp and speakers. or take your speakers to his place. It's worth the effort. Believe me.

i ll try to take my speakers out thr .... just they are too big to carry :). .... but it would give me a better idea which to pick norge 1000 or ref 2000

I'd go for a Norge ref 2000 any day. It'll give your speakers the right amount of juice.[/QUOT

Hi should go for a 10 band equalizer alongwith Norge Ref 2000 ?

Niloy, first audition your amp with your speakers.... then buy. After that give it a week or two of listening and then see if you need to go for an equaliser.

Never do these things in a hurry.

Go for it Niloy! It'll be a very rocking combo. I hope you've heard it with your speakers, though. The amp speaker synergy is very very important. try and get Mr. bajaj to let you ausition the amp in your home with your cdp and speakers. or take your speakers to his place. It's worth the effort. Believe me.[/QUOTE

Hi should i go for a 10band graphic equalizer ?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back