Need to transmit Coax signal wirelessly

ypednekar

I need to transmit DishTV HD signals wirelessly. Please help.

Here is my situation:

I have to shift my LED TV to a place where there is no direct Cable point. The first option I have here, is to have it wired all the way to the new place but it would spoil the look of my living room with a hanging wire around.

The second option can be:

Coax cable --> wireless transmitter --> wireless receiver --> DishTV HD STB --> LED TV

Is it possible? If yes, then how?

I don't see RF input/output port here. Need to have output RF port so that the output can be inserted in DishTV HD STB.

I don't see RF input/output port here. Need to have output RF port so that the output can be inserted in DishTV HD STB.

what you should do is

Option 1: (does not support HD)
Coax cable --> DishTV STB --> Wireless Sender (AV) transmit side (my ebay Link 1)
Wireless Sender Receive side --> TV (AV)

Option 2: (supports HD)
Coax cable --> DishTV STB --> HDMI wireless sender transmit side (my ebay link 2)
HDMI wireless sender receive side --> TV (HDMI)

I don't think there is an option to transmit the satellite cable wirelessly.

Shankar

Thanks Shankar. But in both of the options you suggested, the STB will be in the opposite direction of TV which is not a friendly option for changing channels.

transmitting the output of the Dish antenna involves sending wideband Data (not a specific frequency) = ultra expensive, if not impossible within a house.

If you are worried about your remote functionality, some of the devices in the list shankar has provided have an IR repeater capability to transmit your remote signal back to the STB

Thanks Shankar. But in both of the options you suggested, the STB will be in the opposite direction of TV which is not a friendly option for changing channels.

Keeping a mirror will solve the problem of changing channels at opposite direction.:D

Check out the new Videocon D2H HD box. I think it has a RF remote so line of sight is not required

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back