Need Your Guidance for HT in 30k - 40k range

Nigamsahab

Hi,

I had gone through many threads & discussions but this is my first post to the group. I took the most imp learning from the group i.e. taking a demo & then decide.

So, last weekend I took demo of-
1. Onkyo 3400 ?25k
2. Yamaha YHT296 ?32k
3. Denon 1312xp?30k
4. Yamaha 3064 AVR, Denon 1312 AVR + Boston acoustic soundware xs ?44k, 47k

My budget had been around 25-30K & with a flexibility of 5-10k..I am not a technical person and looking for a system that sounds good to my ears. The 3 HTIBs that I listened were "ok"..I found the overall exp better in 4th one which was a combo.. i don't know whether it was a phsycological effect as it was pricey.

The dealer also suggested me to take the Yamaha HTIB now & later invest in a pair of Jamo front speakers (?12.5k) to enhance the effect.

Here, I need some advice-

1- Is there any good combo ( AVR + 5.1) available with in a range of 40k max.. i.e. after Yamaha HTIB ? or any better combo currently starts from 45k & above?

2- Should I wait for some more time for such a combo that fits in this range?

Thanks

Last edited:
If your choice is music then go with Denon.
If movies go with ONKYO. Its VFM .

If you ask me , Instead of spending more on AVR , better invest in good speakers. You will get better sound.

Get ONKYO AMP and Look into paradigm/wharfedale speakers. You will definitely feel better .

If movies go with ONKYO. Its VFM .
Get ONKYO AMP and Look into paradigm/wharfedale speakers. You will definitely feel better .

well said, Onkyo and wharf9.6 go well for music.

you can try yamaha YHT296. Since you are a newbie, go for HTiB. Buy it as a package, ask the dealer to provide a free installation+frew wires. you pay for hardware like PVC pipes/casing. get a good voltage stabiliser(V-guard,cost less and spike buster).

Most of the combos with 'small' speakers are for movies. Did you take a look at combo offers from 'www.htstore.in'? There are some good combos with Denon and Yamaha. I would suggest you go either with denon or yamaha.

Selection of speakers should depend on the placement of them as well. It is important to know the cubic capacity of the room where you keep them and also number of windows etc., There are plenty of articles on this subject on the net.

In my opinion, having a good AVR is important too, to drive a speaker with right amount of power with clarity.

Happy hunting..

As i understand u r new to hometheaters, I suggest u to go with denon dht 1312 xp. I have listened to Yamaha YHT 296 as well but i like denon 1312 xp it has more depth. I took the demo at profx & Uniquesys at whitefield.

As i understand u r new to hometheaters, I suggest u to go with denon dht 1312 xp. I have listened to Yamaha YHT 296 as well but i like denon 1312 xp it has more depth. I took the demo at profx & Uniquesys at whitefield.

Ya, I also shared this data @ uniksys.. So far I haven't visited the HTstore but the combo available for HTIBs on it's website are the same as available at uniksys..

Ya, I also shared this data frm uniksys.. So far, I haven't visited the HTstore but the combo available for HTIBs on it's website are the same as available at uniksys..

Also, in today's TOI newspaper there is an ad from Onkyo i.e. upto 40% off on total range ..limited period offer..

Haven't checked it yet, but planning to visit the store @ forum mall, tomorrow.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back