Needed advice from electrical experts

Nitin K

Hi Friends,

I have placed an order for a Krykard 3KVA stabiliser . According to the Krykard person, to connect other Hifi components a 15 amps extension board is required to connect to the stabiliser's output & the normal ones may not be advisable since their pins may get hot.
Fortunately I had already got a 15 amps board made years ago by our electrician. Now the issue with this board is that there is loose contact if the plug is inserted normally & it does not get attached firmly in any of the sockets.
The electrician advised me to insert the plugs diagonally at an angle( images attached) whereby they do fit properly. My query is whether this diagonal option would be safe since I will be connecting my Receiver, subwoofer & bluray player to this board & would prefer to avoid taking any risk. Please do let me know if this option would be alright. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Nitin

Attachments

• image01.jpg
    image01.jpg
    688.9 KB · Views: 26
  • image02.jpg
    image02.jpg
    681.9 KB · Views: 26
Hi Friends,

I have placed an order for a Krykard 3KVA stabiliser . According to the Krykard person, to connect other Hifi components a 15 amps extension board is required to connect to the stabiliser's output & the normal ones may not be advisable since their pins may get hot.
Fortunately I had already got a 15 amps board made years ago by our electrician. Now the issue with this board is that there is loose contact if the plug is inserted normally & it does not get attached firmly in any of the sockets.
The electrician advised me to insert the plugs diagonally at an angle( images attached) whereby they do fit properly. My query is whether this diagonal option would be safe since I will be connecting my Receiver, subwoofer & bluray player to this board & would prefer to avoid taking any risk. Please do let me know if this option would be alright. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Nitin
Yes, that is okay.

I guess it’s ok. But how is the stabilizer? Is it providing stable output? And also how is the noise during operation?

I guess it’s ok. But how is the stabilizer? Is it providing stable output? And also how is the noise during operation?

Hi Love4sound,

Had place an order last week & is supposed to come from Chennai on wednesday. Output can be assigned at 220V or 230V, accuracy at + - 1% & is supposed to be silent. A a clicking sound would be heard when there is a voltage fluctation as per the Krykard person. I'll let you know once it is gets hooked on to the system.

Hi Love4sound,

Had place an order last week & is supposed to come from Chennai on wednesday. Output can be assigned at 220V or 230V, accuracy at + - 1% & is supposed to be silent. A a clicking sound would be heard when there is a voltage change as per the Krykard person. I'll let you know once it is gets hooked on to the system.
Oh ok so this brand also CHENNAI based like vertex?

Hi Friends,

Regards,

Nitin

Its safe to use as long as the sockets are in proper order and their internal wiring is fine. I have used many plugs of different products and appliances at home as well as professionally (When I used to DJ) and there were never any issues.

Its safe to use as long as the sockets are in proper order and their internal wiring is fine. I have used many plugs of different products and appliances at home as well as professionally (When I used to DJ) and there were never any issues.

Thanks a lot Efernand1. :) had got the internal wire checked again by the electrician & it seemed fine.

Last edited:
Ok so is this the same model you shared in what’s app or a different model?

No, that was from Servo, a local manufacturer from Andheri East in Mumbai. He was dillydallying a lot pertaining to the delivery so I told him not to send. In the meantime I had already sent an enquiry mail to Krykard & they were prompt to respond & placed the order immediately. They too have a good reputation & reliability.

No, that was from Servo, a local manufacturer from Andheri East in Mumbai. He was dillydallying a lot pertaining to the delivery so I told him not to send. In the meantime I had already sent an enquiry mail to Krykard & they were prompt to respond & placed the order immediately. They too have a good reputation & reliability.
Ok let me know once you get the stabilizer I am also in hunt for one. Is it bulky?

Ok let me know once you get the stabilizer I am also in hunt for one. Is it bulky?

Sure, will do that. It is supposed to be smaller than Vertex 3KVA at around 14 inches Depth & approx 13 inches height & weighing around 14 kg.
Will give you accurate measurements once I receive it. Both of us are in the same boat regarding size & weight constraints.:D

Sure, will do that. It is supposed to be smaller than Vertex 3KVA at around 14 inches Depth & approx 13 inches height & weighing around 14 kg.
Will give you accurate measurements once I receive it. Both of us are in the same boat regarding size & weight constraints.:D
Hahah sure

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back