New member - HT Questions

ravi_bhat

Hello everyone,

Glad to be a part of this forum. I am based in Bangalore and planning a HT/family room in my new house under construction. I have been reading and searching the forums last few days and have few questions regarding setting up my HT:
1. I'm thinking of buying Mitsubishi HC4000 and planning to use borderlinx to ship it. Anyone having the same PJ in Bangalore?
2. I'm planning a 120" fixed screen. Generally at what height do you place the bottom edge of the screen from the floor? (I may have a limited flexibility with HC4k)
3. Is there a place in Bangalore where I can buy good adjustable projector ceiling mounts, HDMI cables etc.? Or should I import these too?(monoprice.com is one suggestion I got from forums)
4. Can I connect a device having HDMI 1.4 ports to another having HDMI 1.3? (AVR to projector or BD player to AVR etc.)
5. How useful is it to have 1080p upscaling in AVR? Is it good enough to have 1080p upscaling in the BD player? Till now I have been watching DVDs, but plan to move to BD once my HT is complete, but would still like to watch my DVDs. I'm not much of a download guy.
6. What is THX certification? How much does that make a difference to the AVR?

I'm glad that I have already got some DIY ideas from the forums and thankful for all the suggestions.

Thanks,
Ravi.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back