New One "WD TV Live Hub"

Hi,

I hope this model is recenly released. Is it available in India? Any idea mon where in India (Chennai) i can get this product (or other WD media players).

Regards
Deva

I wanted to buy this awesome player (Bangalore price Rs.11,500)

But, I have a question to you all experts.

In reviews it is said that the data from a pc cannot be copied directly to the internal hd of this player, it should be done through NETWORK ONLY by connecting it to a hub or some networking device.
I don't want to have a network, I just want to use it as stand alone device.

Can you experts help me?
Thanks in advance.

I wanted to buy this awesome player (Bangalore price Rs.11,500)

But, I have a question to you all experts.

In reviews it is said that the data from a pc cannot be copied directly to the internal hd of this player, it should be done through NETWORK ONLY by connecting it to a hub or some networking device.
I don't want to have a network, I just want to use it as stand alone device.

Can you experts help me?
Thanks in advance.

Where did u get this quote?

Folks,
I had purchased it recently from US and got it for 203$.

I really wonder if its released in India? The price mentioned in the news was 10k.. But it would never be 10k as they are selling it in US for 200 $..

I hope it should work like a standalone device... It shdnt cause any prob for copying of data to the HD.. Give the complete details of the problem so that i can help you better..

Cheers
Nag

Hi nag,
It seems you own the wd tv live hub, My problem is, as per the manual (downloaded from net) it says the device can only be connected via a router to copy the files to its hdd.
It cannot be connected to the pc directly. However an external hd/pen drive can be connected to copy the contents from/to it, but you cannot connect the pc via a usb cable.
Tell me how did you copied the initial data (which i hope will be bulk).
Please help me out.

I read somewhere that the price would be about 10k in India in one of the articles, but where in blore did u check the player?

I was also in the same thought. I read in Economic Times, according to the company press release they announced the price at Rs.9999. Even I told this to the shopkeeper (Golcha iner trade, SP road), their reply was "it might be in paper, but our selling price is Rs.11500". I doubted his price and I enquired one dealer in Koramangala over the phone, but they also quoted the same price.
Any idea about the lesser price elsewhere in Bangalore?

I was also in the same thought. I read in Economic Times, according to the company press release they announced the price at Rs.9999. Even I told this to the shopkeeper (Golcha iner trade, SP road), their reply was "it might be in paper, but our selling price is Rs.11500". I doubted his price and I enquired one dealer in Koramangala over the phone, but they also quoted the same price.
Any idea about the lesser price elsewhere in Bangalore?

I have no idea as i havent started looking for the product yet, i will wait for some more time as i am happy with my 1st generation WDTV.

Hi nag,
It seems you own the wd tv live hub, My problem is, as per the manual (downloaded from net) it says the device can only be connected via a router to copy the files to its hdd.
It cannot be connected to the pc directly. However an external hd/pen drive can be connected to copy the contents from/to it, but you cannot connect the pc via a usb cable.
Please help me out.

Dude sorry to tell you that i havent got hold of my device yet. I will getting the device only during the last week of Jan.
I understand you might be having a lot of content to be copied which would take a lot of time if copied to an other medium and from that again to the player..
Let me check the manual and get back to you..

I have a query for you.. Do we need a converter for the power adaptor since i had got it from US?

Cheers
Nag

Last edited:
Dude sorry to tell you that i havent got hold of my device yet. I will getting the device only during the last week of Jan.
I understand you might be having a lot of content to be copied which would take a lot of time if copied to an other medium and from that again to the player..
Let me check the manual and get back to you..

I have a query for you.. Do we need a converter for the power adaptor since i had got it from US?

Cheers
Nag

You might require an adaptor since US wall sockets are different from us here. You can get it in any electrical shop around you.

You might require an adaptor since US wall sockets are different from us here. You can get it in any electrical shop around you.

I had read some articles which read it will be taken care automatically ie the 220v conversion.. To be more specific..
In india it is 220v and in US its 110v.. But some devices dont require a voltage converter as it is taken care internally..
I read that WD takes care of this.. is that true?
What does the power adaptor specifications read?

I know anyways we need a compatible switch kind of to use t in india..
Hope you got my query..

I went through the manual and it looks like we either need to copy files through a network or through an other USB.. :(

Cheers
Nag

I had read some articles which read it will be taken care automatically ie the 220v conversion.. To be more specific..
In india it is 220v and in US its 110v.. But some devices dont require a voltage converter as it is taken care internally..
I read that WD takes care of this.. is that true?
What does the power adaptor specifications read?

I know anyways we need a compatible switch kind of to use t in india..
Hope you got my query..

I went through the manual and it looks like we either need to copy files through a network or through an other USB.. :(

Cheers
Nag

The power supply (12v 3amp 24w) is just a step-down dc convertor type, which might have a input voltage range of 110-220v.
I think you should not worry on this.

Hi nag,
Please help me out.

DATA can be copied from any external usb-hdd. I copied around 320GB of movies & photos+videos from a seagate free agent 500GB drive. This took around 4 hours!!!

Method used was "sync media files only" [so that the WD hub would not transfer any other stuff that was on the portable hdd [like exe files/softwares etc].

I have not yet connected the WD Hub to my PC [via ethernet cable]

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back