New Single Board Computers (SBC)

SQ is better in Cubietruck than rpi/ BBB ( better by 10 -15%). RPI orBBB is not bad. Same tracks sounded fuller and the instrument separation is better in cubietruck.

By any chance are you comparing Cubietruck's spdif vs RPI's USB output?

Sent from a handheld device. Some typos may creep in

New SBC in town. This tiny little marvel runs full version of windows 10 :)

https://youtu.be/z5EXNfHYPfQ

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
It gets many firsts right , SBC to run Windows 10, USB 3.0, decent Intel atom Chipset etc.

With my (in fact everyone's) experience of Windows in last 15yrs, the high end version (4gb Ram /64gb) should be bought at 139$ not the cheaper version. It can replace a desktop for browsing, downloading, and media player functions. It'll be much portable than a laptop because the availability of HDMI capable display isn't that hard nowadays. (You can use any TV in hotel rooms etc for the same). It'll be one more box for replacing your desktop for light duties, No wonder PC sales are plunging year after year.

To be honest, I'd love to run a less resource hungry audiophile Linux distro (optimized specifically for lattepanda) or a Hackintosh, instead of windows 10. The comparison with Raspberry Pi 3 will be interesting ; equally interesting will be the comparison with Intel based NUC kits...

CubieTruck Toslink (CT has only TOSLINK) is limited to 16 bit ( more of a software Driver issue).
CT software support is also becoming an issue. Volumio did not release latest version on CT. No new release from RuneAudio also.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back