New to AV setup have difficulty in choosing- need help

satish 1926

hi
Im planning to enter into AV setup , my primary preference is for music only , home theatre for family.

Ive shortlisted the following

Denon AVR -1600H​
JBL stage A170 Tower speakers​
for now and later on adding up the turntable,sub woofer and network streamers .Current Budget 1 to 1.5Lakhs​
Already have Epson projector coupled with Apple Tv 4th gen.​
Ive taken a quote from AV store.in Mumbai or should i look for vendors in Coimbatore​
Thank you​
with regards​
satish​

hi
Im planning to enter into AV setup , my primary preference is for music only , home theatre for family.

Ive shortlisted the following

Denon AVR -1600H​
JBL stage A170 Tower speakers​
for now and later on adding up the turntable,sub woofer and network streamers .Current Budget 1 to 1.5Lakhs​
Already have Epson projector coupled with Apple Tv 4th gen.​
Ive taken a quote from AV store.in Mumbai or should i look for vendors in Coimbatore​
Thank you​
with regards​
satish​
Don't limit yourself to any particular dealer and that too why all the way at Mumbai. Reach out to many FM's from CBE who can help and also get in touch with Chennai/ Bangalore dealers.

If AVR is what you want, then get a good one like Yamaha which would be good for 2 Ch or 2.1 Ch listening and of course movies as well.

You can stream Spotify, Tidal, and from Airplay etc, why would you be needing an external streamer?

Although the selected AVR has a phono input for TT, if you are a serious vinyl listener, then you will need a better phono stage eventually. Cheers.

hi mayank

Thank you for ur suggestion will definitely look into yamaha also .will confirm the model of yamaha with u before buying

thx and happy weekend.

As you have more focus on music than movies, then its better to go with IA with different digital inputs specifically USB Audio so that you can use your phone as a streamer . If you want all features of avr but are inclined towards music then consider avr with front pre out. Later on you can use power amplifier with this for better stereo performance. AVR +PA may be the better combination as you are getting pre-amplifier, streamer, dac, network hub, bass management, calibration systems in one box and power amplifier in another box. In this way you are combining features of avr with strength of power amplifier. Good IA may sound better than this but you need pay a lot for each and every feature of avr.

Hi rpmhale

Thank you for ur suggestion im very much clear now ,i.e im in music 95% of the time and i have no interest in movies. Its enough if the reciever has bluetooth ill route it from Apple tv 4th gen if at all movies are needed. Pls suggest good IA to pair with JBL stage A170 or ELAC debut 5.0

@satish 1926
Have you looked at Network receivers (2.1) from Denon/Marantz?
Marantz NR1200
Denon DRA800H
They seem to be geared up for music with the option of hooking up HDMI sources.
New products so may be expensive.
Cheers,
Raghu

There is a new breed of IA called as Network Receiver available in market which may be as functional as that of avr with sound quality at par with similarly price IA like ( Upto 60K )
Yamaha RN-803D
Denon DRA-800
Marantz NR-1200
ONKYO TX 8390/8270
Pioneer Elite SX N30
All come with similar features and power with near about same cost. What make Onkyo and Pioneer different is that they have in built MQA decoder so that you can enjoy Tidal Masters to the fullest.
If you are still wish to go IA than within the budget I may prefer Marantz PM7005 due to USB Audio port. I may directly connect Laptop, Phone through this port to stream music.
Other options within same budget may be Cambridge audio AXR100 ( upto 60k) else if possible CA CXA 60/80. ( discontinued model). FM may suggest you better options than this. You may request for help..

There is a new breed of IA called as Network Receiver available in market which may be as functional as that of avr with sound quality at par with similarly price IA like ( Upto 60K )
Yamaha RN-803D
Denon DRA-800
Marantz NR-1200
ONKYO TX 8390/8270
Pioneer Elite SX N30
All come with similar features and power with near about same cost. What make Onkyo and Pioneer different is that they have in built MQA decoder so that you can enjoy Tidal Masters to the fullest.
If you are still wish to go IA than within the budget I may prefer Marantz PM7005 due to USB Audio port. I may directly connect Laptop, Phone through this port to stream music.
Other options within same budget may be Cambridge audio AXR100 ( upto 60k) else if possible CA CXA 60/80. ( discontinued model). FM may suggest you better options than this. You may request for help..

Thx sir will definitely look up and update u

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back