Newbie looking for help with speakers

DRall

Hi everyone

I am new joinee to this site. I was searching for some help to decide on speakers for myself when I came across this Site. Over the last 2 days i have been reading different posts on a variety of audio topics and am amazed by the quality stuff that is available.

I am in Delhi and need some help to decide which speakers to buy for my Yamaha AV unit 453. I already have a set of Home Theatre speakers but want to buy floor standers for my audio needs. My budget is around 20-25k. Please suggest something that gives clarity and bass to the sound.

Thanks in advance.

welcome to the HFV forum

- Pls advise, the kind of music u listen to.
- Room size
- which cd player do u use.

Also, pls note there can be vast difference in sound via an AV unit (AVR) to that from a dedicated stereo amplifier and a decent entry level cd player. And can u extend the budget? Then we can talk better, as simply adding speakers will do u hardly any good.

If not then, we can work around strictly on what we hv and get best out of it.

brgds

Flrstd starts from around 30k.
Mordaunt short towers were fro 27k earlies.Mission can match with Yamaha (m33i)
Wharf too can come in budget.

Mission M35i, Q acoustics 1030, Psb T1, Cambridge Audio Sirrocco towers are some of the speakers you should be auditioning at that budget.

welcome to the HFV forum

- Pls advise, the kind of music u listen to.
- Room size
- which cd player do u use.

Also, pls note there can be vast difference in sound via an AV unit (AVR) to that from a dedicated stereo amplifier and a decent entry level cd player. And can u extend the budget? Then we can talk better, as simply adding speakers will do u hardly any good.

If not then, we can work around strictly on what we hv and get best out of it.

brgds

Hi DRall,
As indicated above, room size is very important in decision making. I would presume you need FS to have better bass performance (other wise good Bookshelves are good enough). Now, you can't have big bass coming from FS in a room smaller than 15 feet x 10 feet approx (you won't get tight bass-clarity if you try... and of course waste of money spent on FS). In case of small rooms, stick to a good BS and control bass-volume + crossover freq of a subwoofer, to suit your room acoustics.

Regds,

at that budget you're better off with bookshelves. you'll get better sound quality. check out wharfedale diamonds, monitor audio bronze, kef iq series and usher.

Thank you all for the advice. Sorry for the late response but was quite tied up with office work and hardly any time to myself :sad:

My current room is around 10 ft by 12 ft. But I am currently living on rented premises (out of my hometown) so room size cannot be fixed. However, I do realise now the bookshelfs could be a good option with a subwoofer because room size will always be around these dimensions only.

My budget can be expanded and I can go in for a complete stereo set up as mentioned by Sid. What options do you suggest in that case?

Also, I am in Delhi this week so will be visiting Bass n Treble to check out some of the speakers mentioned in your messages.

Thanks again for all the help.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back