Newbie needs help in buying amp

neonsworld

Hi,

I am a total newbie when it comes to selecting and buying audio equipment.

I have a pair of Bose 201 V speakers (which were gifted to me a while back).
I need to connect the audio out of my Sony DVD player to these speakers for which I need to buy an amplifier.

The usage of the system will be very low (maybe 4-5 times in a month) and thus I am not too inclined on spending a big amount on the amplifier. Though I know the amount may sound ridiculously low, but my budget is ~Rs.5000-7000.
I am willing to go in for a good condition used amplifier as well if I can find one.

The room where the system will be set up is approx. 275-300 sq.ft.

Please let me know what options I should be looking at and if any decent amplifier will fit my budget. I have been recommended Ahuja amplifiers by some folks but I have my doubts about them.

Regards,
Nayan

Hi,

I am a total newbie when it comes to selecting and buying audio equipment.

I have a pair of Bose 201 V speakers (which were gifted to me a while back).
I need to connect the audio out of my Sony DVD player to these speakers for which I need to buy an amplifier.

The usage of the system will be very low (maybe 4-5 times in a month) and thus I am not too inclined on spending a big amount on the amplifier. Though I know the amount may sound ridiculously low, but my budget is ~Rs.5000-7000.
I am willing to go in for a good condition used amplifier as well if I can find one.

The room where the system will be set up is approx. 275-300 sq.ft.

Please let me know what options I should be looking at and if any decent amplifier will fit my budget. I have been recommended Ahuja amplifiers by some folks but I have my doubts about them.

Regards,
Nayan

The only name that comes to my mind for a budget like your's..........Norge 2060

Ahujas are PA amps, forget it.
You can go for a new Norge 2060, Topping tp20.
Else pick up a used Marantz, Nad etc

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back