Nice article: how your brain influences what you hear

hi keith -

yes, this thing that makes us justify our life and existence leads to many (un)truths that we believe in - and make others believe -:)

Gad! My brain is influencing me ... and I dont like it at all !! :eek:

I need to remove it !! (the influence i.e) :D

:lol:

Not to fuel a debate, but this reads like pop psychology to me ... and the article is too short to explain the complexities of it all ... :)

Cheers

OI, HOW dare you post articles refuting claims of plethora of audiophiles across the world, and anything that is even remotely hinting blind test!

Sure..makes sense. But I've wired myself to believe that I WON'T hear a difference. That way, I get to really understand and hear if the cable or whatever makes a real difference.

If I hear it and it works for me, out goes the money. If I don't hear it or it doesn't work for me, out goes the money on more music. Win win situation. I let my ears decide at ease and will, not my ego or "dissonance" within the brain trying to prove something ;)

One thing is for sure....brain or not...money is ALWAYS going out with this hobby. Gees! :p

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back