No frills Samsung F5000 series...VFM or not ?

sanchits

Since, I have still not bought the Panasonic 42E6, therefore I was looking for VFM alternatives too since E6 too is a bit of a stretch for me.
Initially I had decided for 32e6, but now I think a proper upgrade to my Philips 32" 5000 series would be atleast a 40/42" led.
Samsung was not in my list ever, but I stumbled upon this new model by sammy, 40F5000...it's a no frills tv n is direct led unlike the slim edge lit E6.
But, since it does not have any smart features it should b VFM..no.
I just checked the review of the 32" model on HDTVtest.uk n it's brilliant n has been highly recommended by them.
Check this out - Samsung UE32F5000 (F5000) Review

For a basic led, the review seems to be brilliant n has Samsung own S-pva panel which according to the review is even better then the VA panel by AUO.
The blacks are great n being direct led, backlight uniformity is brilliant too without pooling issues. Actually, blacks seems to better then even the higher end 5500.

I mean....if on a budget n if one does not need smart features, do you think is there any reason not to go in for this tv instead of the E6. I mean of the E6 is around 52k in Delhi, I think this should be atleast 10k cheaper....n looking at the review it's superb.
Does anyone here has this tv...? This is a newer model...2013 one n not the 2012 one. Pls share your feedback n the price u got it for...thanks

Does Samsung has an option for extended warranty ? If yes, how much does a additional 2/3 yr cost for a 40" led ?
I might even get this tv if I get a good deal with 3 yr warranty n the final price being atleast 8-10k cheaper then E6...that is...what say ?

Let's see what best deal I get..that is if I get a thumbs up from you guys. Since, samsung was never into consideration by me.

Last edited:
Since, I have still not bought the Panasonic 42E6, therefore I was looking for VFM alternatives too since E6 too is a bit of a stretch for me.
Initially I had decided for 32e6, but now I think a proper upgrade to my Philips 32" 5000 series would be atleast a 40/42" led.
Samsung was not in my list ever, but I stumbled upon this new model by sammy, 40F5000...it's a no frills tv n is direct led unlike the slim edge lit E6.
But, since it does not have any smart features it should b VFM..no.
I just checked the review of the 32" model on HDTVtest.uk n it's brilliant n has been highly recommended by them.
Check this out - Samsung UE32F5000 (F5000) Review

For a basic led, the review seems to be brilliant n has Samsung own S-pva panel which according to the review is even better then the VA panel by AUO.
The blacks are great n being direct led, backlight uniformity is brilliant too without pooling issues. Actually, blacks seems to better then even the higher end 5500.

I mean....if on a budget n if one does not need smart features, do you think is there any reason not to go in for this tv instead of the E6. I mean of the E6 is around 52k in Delhi, I think this should be atleast 10k cheaper....n looking at the review it's superb.
Does anyone here has this tv...? This is a newer model...2013 one n not the 2012 one. Pls share your feedback n the price u got it for...thanks

Does Samsung has an option for extended warranty ? If yes, how much does a additional 2/3 yr cost for a 40" led ?
I might even get this tv if I get a good deal with 3 yr warranty n the final price being atleast 8-10k cheaper then E6...that is...what say ?

Let's see what best deal I get..that is if I get a thumbs up from you guys. Since, samsung was never into consideration by me.

Guys....any inputs on the above would be really appreciated.

They do have an option of extended warranty now, you need to call the customer care to purchase the same and they would inform the necessary folks.But currently no one is clear as to what all will be covered in the policy and what different it would be. This is what the samsung service engineer told me when he visited my place yesterday. He did say that if you are going for high end tv it is better to go for extended warranty to be safer than sorry and ideal to go for 3 years extension.

If anyone has this Tv pls give your feedback.I am also interested in buying this as i don't want Smart or 3d features.I want good PQ and USB playback support with subtitles.

They do have an option of extended warranty now, you need to call the customer care to purchase the same and they would inform the necessary folks.But currently no one is clear as to what all will be covered in the policy and what different it would be. This is what the samsung service engineer told me when he visited my place yesterday. He did say that if you are going for high end tv it is better to go for extended warranty to be safer than sorry and ideal to go for 3 years extension.

Well...today's TOI ad said 2 yr standard warranty on series 51/41 n one can purchase additional 2 yrs by callling CC.
I mean if I can get 4 warranty, it"ll be great, m just concerned about the panel, so even if the extended warranty covers only the panel...I am ok.

If anyone has this Tv pls give your feedback.I am also interested in buying this as i don't want Smart or 3d features.I want good PQ and USB playback support with subtitles.

Well..as per international reviews...u can check my first post Ive given the link of HDTVtest.uk...which is supposed to be the most regarded n cover the minutest details in their reviews have given this tv a big thumbs up n Highly recommended rating.
They have specially mentioned this tvs S-PVA panel made by Samsung itself n has deeper blacks n is overall a better panel then a VA one.

I just wanna get some inputs from gurus here n if possible from a member who owns one. I also wanna be sure if the Indian 40" model has the same S-PVA as the UK 32" version, how to find this out.

I have Samsung 32f5500 model and i am highly dissatisfied with the product quality, has had 5 major issues within 3 months of purchase plus speaker quality is horrible. Would anyday choose a Good DDB Philips model over this

All Samsung Tv's have excellent USB playback support with all videos formats supported including subtitles support.

I have visited samsung ASC today to get the extended warranty. Confirmed with the manager about the warranty. It is an extension of first yr warranty and tv, panel, board, power supply unit all are covered. Items like external dongle, camera etc are not covered. Details on exrended warranty is there in samsung india website under support

Good news Sunil, I was also googling the same and came up with the below link :
Smart Warranty Programme | SAMSUNG

Hope it helps.

qEgh7U1.jpg

Prices for models 52' and above seem to be mind boggling,nearly 10% or more of the high end tv cost.

Last edited:
Well...found out about the price...the best I got was 54k for this tv which definitely makes it pricey n not at all vfm. I mean 54k for a basic no drill direct led tv is asking for too much.
I was shocked after I got to know the price...I though it should be around 40-42k being a basic model.
I think I will stick with the E6 only...way better value at 55k.

Well...found out about the price...the best I got was 54k for this tv which definitely makes it pricey n not at all vfm. I mean 54k for a basic no drill direct led tv is asking for too much.
I was shocked after I got to know the price...I though it should be around 40-42k being a basic model.
I think I will stick with the E6 only...way better value at 55k.

guys check out this link....panasonic 42e6 is the best 42 inch led one can buy...

Best TV Selector: What LED LCD/ Plasma To Buy In 2013?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back