Nokia 5800 or Samsung Corby Pro?

frnd08

Both these phones 5800 and corby pro have similar price tags and similar features. i havent used any phone other than nokia and hence i have a natural inclination towards its products. however i heard that 5800 doesnt really have a responsive touch screen. then again, it runs on symbian 5 which lets say will open up the world for me with its innumerable apps.

ideas and suggestions?

5800 with the latest firmware is outstanding. My wife has it. nokia maps is free so you get turn-by-turn navigation.

with the latest firmware (4.x) you get kinetic scrolling and the screen response issues have been fixed. I have been using touchscreen phones since 2005, and I can assure you that it's better than most.

i would unhestatingly recommend it.

I hate touch screens, bought one and am repenting :mad: i am a button pusher and i need buttons on my gadgets :mad:

5800 is a good phone however.. if u are a techie guy or if you do not like to be slow go for button phones as touch screen will slow down ur speed*
however the latest firmware have fixed the major bugs with 5800 and nokia will keep coming up with more firmware..

about samsung corby pro

1) faster OS & applications
2) Extra Qwerty key pad
3) drag & drop
4) Radio with recording facility
5) beautiful look
240 x 320 pixels 2.8 inches
90 grams
not 3g
WAP 2.0, GPRS, EDGE
colour : 18-bit (262144 colors), video recording 15fps battery : 960 mAh

nokia :

u get '' N O K I A ''
music quality
dual led flash
carl zeiss lens
battery life..
3.2 inch screen with resolution of 360 x 640
tv out
WAP, GPRS, HSCSD, EDGE, HSDPA
3G
109 grams
24-bit (16.7 million colors)
*************gps*************
3.2 Megapixels
30 frames/s VIDEO RECORDING
battery :: 1320 mAh

and again its a **nokia** u got symbian series 5 ******* doors open for 3rd party apps in thousand and unlimited custom things****

Last edited:
I hate touch screens, bought one and am repenting :mad: i am a button pusher and i need buttons on my gadgets :mad:

Hi,

Hate touch screens - why dont you try apple iphone? That will make your feelings turn opposite!

Also, lot of employees in my comp. have samsung corby, from a brief fiddling, I gleaned that touchscreen is good in samsung, not sure of other troubles. Seems you cannot keep the volume low for an incoming call!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Am curious about something. I am one of those guys who likes to have their phone in a belt pouch. So carrying those enormous blackberries in the shirt pocket is out for me.

These two phones in discussion - is there a facility to lock their interfaces up? I mean I dont want accidental brushing up if I have them in a belt pouch. Is that possible?

The other reason I am leery about touch phones is that I normally take a bit of time before I cut my nails and they grow too damn fast :). Anybody use these phones with even a little bit of nails grown?

I must confess - more than anything the turn by turn navigation aspect is what draws me to these phones. I am assuming that the Corby also has that?

Nokia 5800 is good am using it for more than a year after firm ware update looks nice.
OVI maps free to use in Nokia.
Nice for GPS its free too.

Music also good
Go head with Nokia 5800

Am curious about something. I am one of those guys who likes to have their phone in a belt pouch. So carrying those enormous blackberries in the shirt pocket is out for me.

These two phones in discussion - is there a facility to lock their interfaces up? I mean I dont want accidental brushing up if I have them in a belt pouch. Is that possible?

The other reason I am leery about touch phones is that I normally take a bit of time before I cut my nails and they grow too damn fast :). Anybody use these phones with even a little bit of nails grown?

I must confess - more than anything the turn by turn navigation aspect is what draws me to these phones. I am assuming that the Corby also has that?

5800 automatically locks.. you need to move a slider to activate the phone screen.

Hi,

Trust me. I have long nails (will post photos later for authencity or can courier you the bits but you will have to do a DNA test to make sure it is mine:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:) and am using iphone, and I feel I am using mostly fingertips than my nails. So, you should not have that problem.

The first thing I did before using the iphone is that I ordered 2 casings and then subsequently ordered a dozen from a seller in Hongkong.

Cheers!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back