Noob - looking for speaker upgrade for my 32" Toshiba LCD

quadmaniac

Hello guys,
I recently bought an LCD TV (Toshiba 32PB1E) for my living room. The room is quite small, my viewing distance is about 7-10 feet. I'm happy with my TV + Videocon D2H connection, have also hooked up my old PC via HDMI as an HTPC.

However, I'm not happy with the sound of the Toshiba. I am looking for a cheap upgrade option - and this is where I need your help. Please note that I am on a shoestring budget, and I also don't have much space.

I keep hearing about a few recommendations

1. F&D A520
2. Altec Lansing V2621
3. F&D A555

Do you know about these speakers, or can you recommend something else for me in this price range? Ideally I'd like to keep this within 3k. Also, please can you guide me on how to connect from a regular LCD TV to these speakers? What's the usual method? My D2h set top box is connected to the TV via HDMI.

Thanks!!

Also, please can you guide me on how to connect from a regular LCD TV to these speakers? What's the usual method? My D2h set top box is connected to the TV via HDMI.

Thanks!!

Buy any 2.1 speakers. Edifier C2 has got good reviews. Another option is a cheap soundbar like Buy Sony Soundbar SA-32SE1 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews. I haven't demoed any of these so cna't comment on the SQ. Take your decision after auditioning.

To connect the speakers, use the line or headphone out of your TV.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back