Norge 1000 Concerto Gold OR Norge 2000 Mosfet

avidyarthy

Please elucidate which one to go in for ..... what are the differences .... which one is suitable for what kind of music .....?

The only difference is (in SQ)that 2000 is laidback.
For Rock,Bollywood music 1000 will be good(depending on spk again).

Please elucidate which one to go in for ..... what are the differences .... which one is suitable for what kind of music .....?

1000 is more balanced, neutral almost of the two. 2000 mofset is more laid back (in comparision to the formed) and it feels (to me atleast) that the highs are rolled off (which is good in many cases). Tastes vary so audition them both.

For wharfies (9.1/9.2/9.5) I would say go with 1000. For Polk TSi/Monitor Audio go with 2000 mofset.

Seems Norge queries are on the rise, and I'll chip in with mine too !

So even I am planning to buy a budget combo. I was thinking of either 1000 or 2060, but from the reviews, I think I'll prefer to use 1000 Gold.

Somehow I feel like going for the Norge Millenium bookshelves, but have read most of the suggestions being limited to Wharfedales instead. I mean, I haven't read as many reviews of the speakers as the Norge amps. Hopefully members would share their thoughts about the Norge bookshelves as well, please ?

Seems Norge queries are on the rise, and I'll chip in with mine too !

So even I am planning to buy a budget combo. I was thinking of either 1000 or 2060, but from the reviews, I think I'll prefer to use 1000 Gold.

Somehow I feel like going for the Norge Millenium bookshelves, but have read most of the suggestions being limited to Wharfedales instead. I mean, I haven't read as many reviews of the speakers as the Norge amps. Hopefully members would share their thoughts about the Norge bookshelves as well, please ?

check my thread i think ive reviewed 2 norge bookshlef speaker models
i must say ( for the price an all norge setup is not bad at all)

Instead of opening another thread, I would like to ask my question here itself. How much does the Norge 1000 costs? Anyone have the spec sheet? According to people here (Thanks Suprateep and others) Norge sounds good with the Wharfes so I would like to keep that in my list for the stereo amp. But just one thing, I've only one pair of speakers and I need to keep them connected both the AVR and the future stereo Amp. So how to do that with minimum complexity? Some switchers? Or can run two separate pairs from both AVR and Stereo Amp? Will that have any bad affect on the device which won't be playing? Or Banana plugs?

Instead of opening another thread, I would like to ask my question here itself. How much does the Norge 1000 costs? Anyone have the spec sheet? According to people here (Thanks Suprateep and others) Norge sounds good with the Wharfes so I would like to keep that in my list for the stereo amp. But just one thing, I've only one pair of speakers and I need to keep them connected both the AVR and the future stereo Amp. So how to do that with minimum complexity? Some switchers? Or can run two separate pairs from both AVR and Stereo Amp? Will that have any bad affect on the device which won't be playing? Or Banana plugs?

1. banana plugs are okay - if you don't mind changing the source for the speakers
2. I had the same query quite some time back and Venkat sir had come up with a solution for speaker switching - you can directly pm him.

the norge concerto gold would cost about 10k
inmo i think the warfedales would sound best with the 2060 then the 1000
Thougf the 2060 is nothing but a lowered powered version of the 1000 according to mr bajaj
i could distictly make out the differnce in the mid range

the mosfets 2000 is not everyones cup of tea paired with a warfedale 9.2.though you may get to see this combination often
especially since the warfes are very popular speakers and mr bajajs norge is one of the very popullar indian amp builders

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back