Norge 1000 Gold vs Sonodyne Sia310

crosstalk

Hello friends,

I am planning to buy an amplifier for a small room 10 ft x 10 ft and first decided on the Onkyo 8030. However, since this room is small and I will not need the sound too loud, I am looking for budget options like

Norge 1000 Gold
Sonodyne Sia310

If someone can let me know which one should be the best to choose, I will be greatful. I have not decided on the speakers yet but I am open to options.

Thanks in advance to all.

Hello friends,

I am planning to buy an amplifier for a small room 10 ft x 10 ft and first decided on the Onkyo 8030. However, since this room is small and I will not need the sound too loud, I am looking for budget options like

Norge 1000 Gold
Sonodyne Sia310

If someone can let me know which one should be the best to choose, I will be greatful. I have not decided on the speakers yet but I am open to options.

Thanks in advance to all.

In my opinion, Onkyo TX 8030 is much better than Norge & Sonodyne amps feature wise.... I have listened to Onkyo TX 8522 stereo amplifier in one of our FM home & it really has some good guts driving tough speakers too (Diamond 9.5)..

You also get the benefit of FM reception with a decent remote control....

BTW what is your budget for speaker? I suppose you are looking for BS speaker for your room size...

Thanks for the reply. Let me elaborate my need. I plan to plug-in a Pro-ject essential turntable and some available DVD/CD player to the amp. Parallely I plan to have my PC output fed into one of the amp inputs when I watch movies or play some mp3s.

Now I am utterly confused on the following:

1. Currently I have an Atec Lancing VS4121 for the PC. Should I eliminate it?

2. Should I go for a 2.1 system like Sonodyne Pqube or Logitech Z263?

3. I am a DIY guy, so should I just pick up a Rod Eliott design and build an amp myself?

4. My budget is not too much. 25K for the amp + speakers.

5. My room is small. I am not a loud listener but I do love bass.

What should I do?

PS: The Onkyo TX 8030 is one nice amplifier, but it will definitely be an overkill in my room both sound and budget wise.

Thanks for the reply. Let me elaborate my need. I plan to plug-in a Pro-ject essential turntable and some available DVD/CD player to the amp. Parallely I plan to have my PC output fed into one of the amp inputs when I watch movies or play some mp3s.

Now I am utterly confused on the following:

1. Currently I have an Atec Lancing VS4121 for the PC. Should I eliminate it?

2. Should I go for a 2.1 system like Sonodyne Pqube or Logitech Z263?

3. I am a DIY guy, so should I just pick up a Rod Eliott design and build an amp myself?

4. My budget is not too much. 25K for the amp + speakers.

5. My room is small. I am not a loud listener but I do love bass.

What should I do?

PS: The Onkyo TX 8030 is one nice amplifier, but it will definitely be an overkill in my room both sound and budget wise.

1. Yes... If you are looking for a amplifier + BS speaker, then this would become reduntant.

2. Sonodyne PQube is a very small system... Moreover if you buy this, you cant expand later... So my suggestion dont spend on it.

3. I have no idea of DIY.. Other FM should be able to pitch in...

4. Decent enough budget for a stereo system.... Look for used amplifier + new/used BS speaker an you might end up with a very good stereo system..

5. if you think Onkyo 8030 is too big, look @ Onkyo TX 8020... A small stereo system with digital inputs :eek:hyeah: ...

Sonodyne is offering 26% discount at the moment, you can pick the amp or speaker up now. Elango has given good advice and I agree to pretty much all.
If you are open to go for used products in good condition then with that budget you can have a decent stereo system. If you are planning to feed the amplifier with your PC then the Altec will obviously be redundant, get rid of it.
Check this one out:
Bookshelf Speaker - Kolkata - Home Appliances - Electronics - Thakurpukur
There was a Cambridge Audio S30 for sale as well for only 8 thousand, although in my opinion Sonodyne 1501 Bookshelves will be a better option than the S30.
If you do think of going for a Sonodyne amplifier then consider the 320 over 310, it has more power and SQ is better in my opinion, the higher power will hold you in good stead for future and as you listen more you will know how handy it is to have more power in reserve. I am complete newbie in the world of hifi, but I have learned these from experience.

Interesting..
But if you check here and here - this seems to suggest to me that the TX 8020 does not have digital ins.

Yeah you are right... The links that you had given points to US websites...

Did some investigation :eek:hyeah:, Asia Pacific & Europe have this model with Digital inputs.. But Americas region don't have digital inputs...

May be different features for different regions (or) Americas are probably yet to receive the updated model...

Back