Now Planning a new DIY Tube Pre-amp + Phono Pre-amp

Hari Iyer

My next project is going to be a New DIY TUBE pre-amplifier with 5 inputs + phono RIAA pre-amp which will complete my tube setup with the 300Bs. Still this is in design stage and will take atleast 4 to 6 months to materalize.

Of-course i am not building them but my friend Gaurav is doing the entire design as per my requirement. It will have a line amp, DCB1, phono pre-amp and 5 inputs. We are still discussing the circuit topology, gain, tubes to be used and will take a minimum 2 months to finalize. Once done the components bought and completed.

Currently am flexible with my budget as do not want to get constrained with that at the design stage. Will freeze the budget once they are close to execution.

Stay tuned for further details.

Regards,

It will have a line amp, DCB1, phono pre-amp and 5 inputs.

Regards,

Great Hari looking forward to the outcome, but not sure why the line amp and also DCB1? Any specific reason to have the line amp and a buffer combo.

Thanks

Great Hari looking forward to the outcome, but not sure why the line amp and also DCB1? Any specific reason to have the line amp and a buffer combo.

Thanks

I prefer some gain of around -10dB with the line amp. Only having a DCB1 is not enough for my 300Bs as it suffers from low output level.

Thanks

I prefer some gain of around -10dB with the line amp. Only having a DCB1 is not enough for my 300Bs as it suffers from low output level. More of input sensitivity matching for my power amps.

Hi Hari
I had started a Tube Line + Phono preamp but could not complete it.
I got a chassis and transformer made for this purpose. These are
lying with me unused. The chassis is of proper size for this application.
The chassis is in 2mm aluminum - black powder coated. I have sent my email
ID to you by PM. You will have to make a good decorative face plate for it
in plastic, metal or wood. Size of chassis is 14" x 10"x 3.5".

regards
JP

Attachments

• IMG_5054.jpg
    IMG_5054.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Hi Hari
I had started a Tube Line + Phono preamp but could not complete it.
I got a chassis and transformer made for this purpose. These are
lying with me unused. The chassis is of proper size for this application.
The chassis is in 2mm aluminum - black powder coated. I have sent my email
ID to you by PM. You will have to make a good decorative face plate for it
in plastic, metal or wood. Size of chassis is 14" x 10"x 3.5".

regards
JP

Thanks for your offer. As mentioned, this pre-amplifier is still in planning stage and am not sure as of now if i will be building it. My current class-A preamp + DCB1 is going strong and i still need a solid reason to replace them.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back