NTSC Converter (Orei XD-1090) with Samsung LED TV & Tata Sky HD - Audio not coming

rjakkanagoudra

I have brought Samsung LED Smart TV from USA, after getting here, realized that it was not working with any of the HD STB's in India, then got this PAL to NTSC Video Converter (Orei XD-1090), I have Tata Sky HD STB connected to NTSC converter over using AV Cable, from there HDMI out to TV, with this setting finally I was able to get superb picture on the TV, but sadly any audio output.

Below is the Settings I have followed:
Tata SKy HD -> AV Out to Converter (Orei XD-1090) -> HDMI Out to Samsung LED TV

Before to this I tried with HDMI from Tata Sky to converter instead of AV connection, but i was failing with message on TV as 'No Signal'.. Not sure if this is a issue with Converter (Orei XD-1090)..

Do any one of you have come across this problem, Can I connect audio line from Tata Sky to external speakers directly would this help to resolve audio issue?

Thanks

Re: NTSC Converter (Orei XD-1090) with Samsung LED TV & Tata Sky HD - Audio not comin

I have brought Samsung LED Smart TV from USA, after getting here, realized that it was not working with any of the HD STB's in India, then got this PAL to NTSC Video Converter (Orei XD-1090), I have Tata Sky HD STB connected to NTSC converter over using AV Cable, from there HDMI out to TV, with this setting finally I was able to get superb picture on the TV, but sadly any audio output.

Below is the Settings I have followed:
Tata SKy HD -> AV Out to Converter (Orei XD-1090) -> HDMI Out to Samsung LED TV

Before to this I tried with HDMI from Tata Sky to converter instead of AV connection, but i was failing with message on TV as 'No Signal'.. Not sure if this is a issue with Converter (Orei XD-1090)..

Do any one of you have come across this problem, Can I connect audio line from Tata Sky to external speakers directly would this help to resolve audio issue?

Thanks

Tata sky do support 60hz input to TV set(basically NTSC). So just wondering could you change your Tatasky picture setting and try out without the converter once ? Hope that will solve your issue.

Re: NTSC Converter (Orei XD-1090) with Samsung LED TV & Tata Sky HD - Audio not comin

Hello Guys,

I recently bought Samsung 32" LED tv from USA. Model number is UN32EH4003F. I use tata sky set top box. Like everyone here I am also facing lot of problems with the tv.

Picture coming in black and white instead of color. With few people advice I upgraded my set top box from Standard version to HD but the picture still came in black and white. Then I switched over to Standard version again.

I spoke to SAMSUNG customer care and bought ENEM PAL to NTSC converter to fix this. Still the problem persists. Since the TV is bought from USA, Samsung charge Rs.5000 + tax as service charge to visit home and fix this. I have opted to interact with customer care over phone and no one can help so far. I am really disappointment since I already spent more than Rs.7000(voltage converter + PAL to NTSC converter + wall fix) to set up the television.

Can someone here please help me?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back