OLED flashing/chrominance overshoot test

Marakk

Hey!

Can the owners of OLED sets, brand doesn't matter, report whether flashing/chrominance overshoot has been resolved in their sets?

Use this test patterns;

See if any squares flash in brightness as colors change slightly.

It'll help us in finding out which brands have actively dealt with the problem and which are lagging. Panasonic seemed to be the leaders here, solving it before public even found out. Sad that they aren't launching 2019 ones here. Reports of 2019 set owners will also help us in knowing where to invest. Although, I doubt anyone has yet bought a Sony set. Maybe by next month.

My Metz OLED seems to suffer from this in this set. Although, while watching content, I have seen only occasionally, but it's definitely there and shouldn't be there in 2019.

Link to video I recorded: https://photos.app.goo.gl/FG4ZyX3z56zBs3Ek8

Hey!

Can the owners of OLED sets, brand doesn't matter, report whether flashing/chrominance overshoot has been resolved in their sets?

Use this test patterns;

See if any squares flash in brightness as colors change slightly.

It'll help us in finding out which brands have actively dealt with the problem and which are lagging. Panasonic seemed to be the leaders here, solving it before public even found out. Sad that they aren't launching 2019 ones here. Reports of 2019 set owners will also help us in knowing where to invest. Although, I doubt anyone has yet bought a Sony set. Maybe by next month.

My Metz OLED seems to suffer from this in this set. Although, while watching content, I have seen only occasionally, but it's definitely there and shouldn't be there in 2019.

Link to video I recorded: https://photos.app.goo.gl/FG4ZyX3z56zBs3Ek8

Panasonic is expected to launch their 2019 sets round about Diwali or thereafter...atleast that's the plan. I think the initial order of the day was to launch the below sets
TH-55GZ1000D, TH-65GZ1000D and TH-65GZ1500D
The reason given by dealers was an overhang of inventory from last year .

Last edited:
Panasonic is expected to launch their 2019 sets round about Diwali or thereafter...atleast that's the plan. I think the initial order of the day was to launch the below sets
TH-55GZ1000D, TH-65GZ1000D and TH-65GZ1500D
The reason given by dealers was an overhang of inventory from last year .

Ah! That's great then. Last month I was told that they might not launch them because of low sales.

This has been taken care of in the LG C9, I remember going over the review by Vincent and if I heard him correct, this is addressed in C9.

Not entirely. As you can read in the Forbes review, it's still there is some cases. I just need to know how much has been fixed by LG displays and how much manufacturers need to do on their own. It still happened in A9G, as reported by Vincent too.

Here's one thread. There's also a user who complained about this happening during Bumblebee in C9 owner thread on Avforums...or was it avsforum; confused now. Anyway, not totally resolved. So if owners of C9 can play the test video and report, it'll help.

I've just bought LG CX and found the issue especially annoying during rotation in FPP games (deal breaker in dark horrors). I've implemented simple app to bring the problem out; could you please check if trailing arch is visible at some point of circural gradient? It would be very informative to test it on various OLED screens - I wonder if this defect is LG OLED or in general OLED specific.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back