Onkyo TX-NR676 + Elacs Debut B6.2, Whats next?

pulkittt

Hi,

I have a setup with Onkyo TX-NR676 with Elacs Debut B6.2. The current room size is 15X12 = 180 sq ft. I mostly watch movies/content on Netflix or Youtube. The output currently is quite neutral but not as good as what I experienced in a BOSE showroom (crisper sound & better bass). Not sure what am I missing, a subwoofer or 2 back speakers. I am on the other edge of the room. So I would have some room on my left & right to place additional speakers with no room on my back. Any suggestions.

I have huge curtains just behind the speakers, could they be dampening the sound?

Or it could be the source of my content like quality of input etc?

Thanks

Multiple factors may be there.

1. netflix audio is good but DD+ only. Youtube is not optimal. Play some DTS HD MA or dolby true HD track and see.
2. Subwoofer will definitely provide more bass
3. Center speaker can enhance dialogues and screen presence (=crisper sound)
4. You can easily install surround speakers to your sides (=more immersive sound)

Hi,

I have a setup with Onkyo TX-NR676 with Elacs Debut B6.2. The current room size is 15X12 = 180 sq ft. I mostly watch movies/content on Netflix or Youtube. The output currently is quite neutral but not as good as what I experienced in a BOSE showroom (crisper sound & better bass). Not sure what am I missing, a subwoofer or 2 back speakers. I am on the other edge of the room. So I would have some room on my left & right to place additional speakers with no room on my back. Any suggestions.

I have huge curtains just behind the speakers, could they be dampening the sound?

Or it could be the source of my content like quality of input etc?

Thanks

Bose showrooms are acoustically heavily treated. I have heard the Elac Debut 5 & 6 on the Denon receiver in a showroom & they are very good speakers. They delivered good bass on their own for their price. But for movies you will definitely require a subwoofer for additional slam & for LFE effects which only a sub can deliver.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back