Optical to Stereo RCA, HELP

I need to connect my sun HD set-top box to my NAD stereo amp.The sun HD has only HDMI and optical audio out.so i need optical to stereo RCA cable/convertor.Any idea where i can get that in chennai or elsewhere? The HDMI is connected to my projector, used only for video.

Is it really?No AV out?(which has aud out)
Surprising.You need DA converter with optical in.

I need to connect my sun HD set-top box to my NAD stereo amp.The sun HD has only HDMI and optical audio out.so i need optical to stereo RCA cable/convertor.Any idea where i can get that in chennai or elsewhere? The HDMI is connected to my projector, used only for video.

will you please provideimage of back of your STB?

SunHD BOX has disabled composite video and RCA 2 channel audio port.. It can't be used with CRT tv for the same reason..

I have connected my TV's RCA audio out to AMP.. tv decodes audio on HDMI..

If your projector has rca audio out, you can try connecting it to your AMP..
not sure whether your projector can decode audio from HDMI :sad:..

not sure whether your projector can decode audio from HDMI :sad:..

Projectors do not have any audio processing whatsoever.

OP, have you understood the answers from the other members? In short you cannot connect an HDMI or Digital out of an Analogue RCA In. Even if someone offer a converter, be very careful. You need to convert the digital signals to analogue and you need to insert a DAC in between.

Cheers

I have a similar problem, my HT does not have optical input it only have a analouge(component) input so right know i have connected WD TV to HT through stereo(2 component cables) so i m not getting 5.1 sound.
so is there any way i can get a optical to analouge(component output)

so is there any way i can get a optical to analouge(component output)

There are only two ways to get 5.1 between a DVP Player and an amplifier.

1. Is to use a digital connector including S/PDIF, Coaxial, and HDMI.

2. Is to use 6 analog connections IF
A) Your player has multi channel analogue out.
b) You amplifier accepts multi channel analogue in.

You cannot convert a Optical Out into analogue unless you install a DAC converter and digital to muti channel analogue in between.

Component, BTW, has nothing to do with audio. It is a method for connecting video.

Cheers

There are only two ways to get 5.1 between a DVP Player and an amplifier.

1. Is to use a digital connector including S/PDIF, Coaxial, and HDMI.

2. Is to use 6 analog connections IF
A) Your player has multi channel analogue out.
b) You amplifier accepts multi channel analogue in.

You cannot convert a Optical Out into analogue unless you install a DAC converter and digital to muti channel analogue in between.

Component, BTW, has nothing to do with audio. It is a method for connecting video.

Cheers

here is the PIC of my HTs back

Attachments

• DSCF5379.jpg
    DSCF5379.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 98
Cannot make out much. Please remove the cables and post a closer snap of the connectors.

Cheers

The only option in your case is to use individual analogue cables for each channel. The channels are as follows:

1. FR - Front Right
2. FL - Front Left
3. SR - Surround Right
4. SL - Surround Left
5. CE - Centre
6. Sub - Sub Woofer.

If you connect the DVD Player to your HTR using individual analogue cables for each of the channels, you will get full 5.1. Your HTR does not accept digital signals. It only accepts analogue signals, and the DAC for each channel has to be done externally - such as by the DVD Player. Most DVD Players will have six channel analogue out, so use that.

Cheers

The only option in your case is to use individual analogue cables for each channel. The channels are as follows:

1. FR - Front Right
2. FL - Front Left
3. SR - Surround Right
4. SL - Surround Left
5. CE - Centre
6. Sub - Sub Woofer.

If you connect the DVD Player to your HTR using individual analogue cables for each of the channels, you will get full 5.1. Your HTR does not accept digital signals. It only accepts analogue signals, and the DAC for each channel has to be done externally - such as by the DVD Player. Most DVD Players will have six channel analogue out, so use that.

Cheers

Thanks for your reply,

Upto know i was doing only that but the DVD players have limitations for playing BRRip files through USB(Not higer than 480P) so i bought WD TV media player to play HD content on my HDTV Plasama, but as i have allready said that know i m not getting 5.1 sound as WD TV only have stereo output or optical output so is there any connector or cable by which i can get 5.1 analouge output from a optical cable.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back